New pedal day

Alchemist

• Members

Originally posted by mattoverb

I've played the memory lane which is a very very nice delay so I assume the compressor is of the same great quality

Good choice and have fun with it:thu:

Thanks, the entire line of Diamond pedals are great, I just wish I had more money to buy them all:(

• Members
Originally posted by One-armed Alec

:thu:

Very nice. You can't beat a good compressor!

I have a Keeley Comp, but it doesn't have an EQ knob. The EQ knob looks like a very good idea - especially if you're using the pedal as a solo boost.

The EQ is fantastic on it, lets you take it from spanky country to smooth jazz without getting muddy or cutting any top end. I'm loving it.:)

• Members
Originally posted by peavey_impact

:love:

I've been wanting to get a good compressor for a long time now. I may have to look into these. Some clips would be badass if you get the time.

For sure, like I said, I cut about 15 mins random clips and was getting ready to edit them.... then my laptop crashes and I couldnt recover anything. That pretty much pissed me off for the rest of the day. I'll go back at it tomorrow with a fresh mind, and if I'm in the mood I'll do some clips of my other rig as well.:)

• Members

Originally posted by Greenwood_Woo

Kickass man congrats.

Just out of curiosity, what kind of music do you play? Your rig is so versatile, i can't begin to imagine what kinda stuff you play

I play fusion.... going from clean country, to jazz, some blues, and some neoclassical..... I just try to keep it tasteful:D

• Members

Originally posted by axegrinder

I've been looking for the right comp.

Alchemist, which brands have you played before? What makes this one the best?

Boss CS3 (owned, sold, decent effect, too much noise, not near as tonally pleasant as this), Keely compressor (quite nice as well), Barber TonePress (nice pedal again), Maxon Vintage Reissue (fairly nice), MXR Dynacomp (great for the money), DOD Milkbox (I guess its decent for the money). Aphex Punch Factory.....

I love how this is very transparent, no noise, the compression sounds great, adds spank but doesnt make your tone flat and lifeless as I have found many compressors to do. The EQ and compression has a lot of range allowing you to go from smooth jazz to spanky country..... It can be used as a solo boost as well. On top of that, the build quality is excellent, and I believe it has a 5 year warranty as well.

• Members
Originally posted by Alchemist

Boss CS3 (owned, sold, decent effect, too much noise, not near as tonally pleasant as this), Keely compressor (quite nice as well), Barber TonePress (nice pedal again), Maxon Vintage Reissue (fairly nice), MXR Dynacomp (great for the money), DOD Milkbox (I guess its decent for the money). Aphex Punch Factory.....

I love how this is very transparent, no noise, the compression sounds great, adds spank but doesnt make your tone flat and lifeless as I have found many compressors to do. The EQ and compression has a lot of range allowing you to go from smooth jazz to spanky country..... It can be used as a solo boost as well. On top of that, the build quality is excellent, and I believe it has a 5 year warranty as well.

Those are some formidable opponents. I will definitely think about it. Even though it may cost more, I'd rather get the right one the first time instead of trial & error. (bear with me while I justify the expense :o )

• Members
Originally posted by axegrinder

Those are some formidable opponents. I will definitely think about it. Even though it may cost more, I'd rather get the right one the first time instead of trial & error. (bear with me while I justify the expense
:o
)

Well I know its more expensive than some others. But I have gone through a lot of gear over the years.... and all I can say is this. If you dont buy what suits your needs best at first, you will eventually buy it later on, and most likely lose a lot of money on your initial investment on the item you settled for. I've lost a bunch of money selling off old pedals, guitars, amps etc that I just settled for. Now I only buy what I truly want, if it costs more, I'll just save longer.

Oh and I also played an amazing Suhr HSS strat today. Felt and played just as nice as my G&L but had a janglier brighter tone due to the alder body and maple neck, versus my all mahogany. When I have enough cash for it, it will be mine..... now can anybody give me $2000:cry:

Archived