I don`t know whats up with my Mail App.

• Members

This is going to be tough to solve because I don`t even know what the problem is. All I know is my Mail application is not working properly. I send out emails but they go into the out box and stay there. Some emails go to the draft and stay there even though I try to re-send them.

I have also had to Force Quite Mail several times in the last 4 days. It never gave me a problem before so I`m stumped.

Any ideas? I know I didn`t give you much...

Ernest

• Members

Create another user account (an OSX account, not mail), and try to send from that account using the same settings.

If it works, recheck your settings in the main user account. If they look OK, do a verify/repair permissions using the disk utilities.

• Members

You may have something viral in the account parameters.

I had this situation with MS Outlook, and deleted the account, then created a new one with the same parameters, and things returned to normal.

I suspect a worm got in there and was mining my address book to ping messages, slowing my legit mail to a crawl. :mad:

• Members

Make sure that you are working online. Mac Mail has an annoying tendency to go offline if it fails to connect, and then stays that way without warning.

By working online, I don't mean your internet connection. It's a feature in Mail that lets you disconnect from the mail server.

When you have the mail app open, look in the "mailbox" menu, and look at the first option in the list. It should read "Go offline" which means that you are currently online.

If it reads "Go online" it means you have been working offline and you simply need to go online. If that is the case, choose the Go online option, and assuming your internet connection and mail server are both OK, it should work again.

If Mail still refuses to go online, it could mean that there is a problem with your email account.

I have no idea why this annoying behavior has lasted so long in a Mac app.

• Members

Philter-

Yes, I`m aware of the work off/on line features.

Whatever is the case, there is still something wrong. I think I may have to delete my OS User Account and create another. Maybe that will work out the quirks. I just find it very odd because Mail has never given me a problem until now.

And no one else seems to be experiencing the same issue so.... really odd.

• Members

Well I set up a new user account and have been using that with success to send emails. However, how do I access all of my addresses from the other user account?

This has been a huge headache and is really slowing me down.

Also, I`ll probably be installing Tiger within a week. Will this clear up the issue I`m having?

Thanks.

Archived