NGD: Dilemna (and no sympathy expected!)

sh944

• Members

I picked up two new guitars and since I lack four arms/hands, I am having a hard time deciding which one to play!

'98 PRS CU22 or 1959 Les Paul Jr? :)

This is my first PRS and I understand now why so many folks get rid of their other guitars once they get one, its an incredible guitar. But then I pick up the LP Jr and holy smokes!, the vibe is incredible. It feels way different than my SG TV and has a whole new dimension of "rip yer face off" sound. I've owned a few LPJr's over the years, and can't say that I have found one that feels or sounds better that this one.

I'll post a pic or two in a bit, I just got back from a week long trip and my wife is demanding some attention!

Regards, ...Scott

• Members

hmmmmm that would be a tough decision. that Paul would have tons of mojo...and the PRS would be excellent as well. the only solution?

play the HELL out of that PRS and get some mojo into it as well! LOL right now my PRS is sitting in its case waiting for me to get it loaded with new electronics and get a refret done on it. gonna happen this year as soon as i get rid of my EBMM! its a 94 and ive had it since 95 and played the hell out of it for 11 years (retired it last year). cant wait to get it back together!

• Members

I just bought both, so no chance of selling either! Both are awesome, it's just tough to choose which to play, and when I factor in some of my other guitars as well, its even tougher. My SG's ('63 TV and '67 Standard) are my normal front line axes but that may change a bit now.

Regards, ...Scott

• Members

lol My wife is already taken with the CU22 (she likes the bird inlays), so we won't be selling either anytime soon. The final result for the day is that the LP Jr got played a LOT more than the PRS. Its got that "something" that makes magic happen when you play it. Fun stuff indeed.

The PRS is going to see a lot of action, no doubt. It practically plays itself. Interestingly enough, the necks on the two guitars are all but identical. I had read once upon a time that Paul Reed Smith modeled his neck after a '59 Les Paul, and evidently he wasn't lying.

Regards, ...Scott

Archived