Hate Relic'd Guitars?

Joranges

• Members

If I walked onto a stage with that thing strapped on my shoulders,the amount of "BOOO's" would be astronomical when they discover that I'm not even in the same dimension as SRV in terms of skill:cry:

Yeah the thing that most of the relic geetarists seem to miss is that relic guitar+great player=pretty cool, but relic guitar+downstroker=lame as hell:thu:.

• Members

Yeah the thing that most of the relic geetarists seem to miss is that relic guitar+great player=pretty cool, but relic guitar+downstroker=lame as hell:thu:.

I recall a story about the emperor who had no clothes! Relics are a scam! IMO, of course (while hastily puttting on the asbestos suit).

• Members
I recall a story about the emperor who had no clothes! Relics are a scam! IMO, of course (while hastily puttting on the asbestos suit).

pretty much.....there's a diff between buying a guitar that somebody else beat to hell and back just for looks, and buying a guitar, sticking with it for years upon years, and wearing it to hell on your own time from use. The whole beat to hell thing just doesn't go right unless you're some type of Willie Nelson or somebody like that. Bob the random strat player just doesn't seem right with a beater while he plays UB40, EMF, and Matchbox 20 cover tunes:freak:.

• Members

It's worn in a lot of wrong positions. This is the mastermind plan of some juvenile who thinks he knows where wear and tear should occur but he is wrong!

You don't strum at the rear upper bout. Your elbow rubs the finish off.

The bottom rear is just retarded! What did this poor guitar do to deserve the wear and tear under the vol and tone controls?

The back of the guitar is unbelievable as well. Amatuerish relicing as well.

What was the player wearing to cause that kind of wear? A sandpaper jumpsuit?

It's just so "all retarded"

Do you think we're all {censored}ed up?

If I could,...

• Members

It's worn in a lot of wrong positions. This is the mastermind plan of some juvenile who thinks he knows where wear and tear should occur but he is wrong!

The bottom rear is just retarded! What did this poor guitar do to deserve the wear and tear under the vol and tone controls?

If I could,...

Have you ever seen SRV's #1?

• Members

If I could,...

Hey you live in Vancouver. Track the guy down and laugh at him for us! :idea::D

• Members

Yes! I hates 'em! I hate's 'em all!

Seriously, they are lame.

If I had a guitar for 40 years and worn it down myself by playing it every day, then I could justify keeping a beat up guitar, just for sentimental value. I don't understand why people buy artificially distressed guitars, especially when they cost more than a flawless one.

my 2 cents.

• Members

sad thing is.. you know there's an SRV wanna be out there just dying to have this guitar....
:freak:

im a total SRV wannabe and i have no desire to have the guitar. not that i could afford it anyway but, still, even if i could. i mean id love to play it just to see what it sounds like but i do have some self-respect. :D

• Members

If I could,...

i do agree that it looks very "amateurish", the relic'ing that is. but you should take another look at stevies real #1. he beat the {censored} out of that guitar just from strumming it. he was very heavy handed. he had to be to play the guage of strings he had. so when he strummed, his pick constantly scraped the top bout of that guitar above the pickguard between the neck and middle pickup. even when he wasnt strumming it, he would throw it on the ground, use the trem bar and wobble it up and down while it was on the ground, sometimes hed hold it like a violin while playing, hell he even stood on the body and pulled up on the neck like it was a damn pogo stick. so he really did beat the hell out of that damn guitar. its amazing it played for as long as it did. i mean, its a 1963 strat and as bad as he treated that thing, it was loyal to him until 1990. :thu:

Archived