Fender Custom Shop pickups

Ratae Corieltauvorum

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

FenderStratBody.jpg

2005 MIA Fender Deluxe with Fralin Vintage Hot in the neck & middle, Fralin SP43 in the bridge. One tone knob for all 3 pups. The other tone knob is a blender for mixing the bridge and neck. It has medium jumbo frets, and locking tuners. I get a variety of sounds from vintage to more modern with the SP43.

I sold the stock Bill Lawrence SCN pups and harness to a guy in Germany. He loves them.

The Fralin Vintage Hot sound great through my germanium fuzz. The SP43 is high output and works great for gain situations, but it does not sound very good through my germanium fuzz. Apparently, traditional germanium fuzz pedals like traditional alnico sc pups.

A guy in another forum had a Vox AC30, a germanium fuzz, and Kinman avn in his MIA Strat, but he could NOT get any magic with that combination. I told him to try a true sc with alnico. He tried his traditional Tele with stock Fender SC and he said it sounded fantastic.

• Moderators

We ya boo Johnny Custom Shop Fender pickups:mad:

I fitted the Fender Hot Noiseless' last night:eek:

Straight into the 1/2W Gilmore they sing like an angel, squeal like an ass raped anorexic virgin and sound just so right. quacky in the B+M position and fabulous in all other respects, and damn if they aint quiet, although strangely not as quiet as Pete Biltofts Start sized P90s.
The output from these pups drives the Gilmore beautifully and with the volume up above 7, some lovely tones, and sorta normal Strat tones below this volume.

Pictures at 11:thu:

• Members

Straight into the 1/2W Gilmore they sing like an angel, squeal like an ass raped anorexic virgin and sound just so right. quacky in the B+M position and fabulous in all other respects, and damn if they aint quiet, although strangely not as quiet as Pete Biltofts Start sized P90s.

The output from these pups drives the Gilmore beautifully and with the volume up above 7, some lovely tones, and sorta normal Strat tones below this volume.

I have noiseless hots in my Standard. I love them . Much different vibe then the Noiseless Vintage which I consider to be aweful pickups.

• Members

Can't wait for the soundclips :)

• Members

Big yay to the Hot Noiseless posse! They may not be perfect if you want to Time Machine it for 100% Buddy Holly vintage-authentic purity, or drive Rectos into abject submission for absolute hi-gain madness, but Fender don't make anything better for hitting all points in between - and I mean ALL.

And neither does anybody else.

• Members

I like the Blender for the neck/bridge for the last tone pot. And the other for all three pups like jrockbridge did on the Deluxe. I did that on my 50th Anniversary and added a 500K pot for the blender. Sounds great now. Gave the CS-54 in the bridge a little more bite also which I thought it lacked on that set of pups. Otherwise Fenders CS-54's are pretty decent.

Archived