Fender Custom Shop pickups

Ratae Corieltauvorum

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Are we back on topic?

Why are some folks so anally retentive about staying 'on topic'? Relax and go with the flow, guys! :D

Anyway - back on topic (sir!):

sbstrat2.jpg

:love:

Your sunburst Strat is without doubt one of the nicest examples I have ever clapped my peepers on. Is that a Fender neck or did you apply a decal to a non-Fender neck? If the latter, would you mind saying where you got the decal? Please do tell some more about the origins of the constituent parts of these respective beauties!

Thanks.

• Members

Are we back on topic?

Why are some folks so anally retentive about staying 'on topic'? Relax and go with the flow, guys! :D

Anyway - back on topic (sir!):

sbstrat2.jpg

:love:

Your sunburst Strat is without doubt one of the nicest examples I have ever clapped my peepers on. Is that a Fender neck or did you apply a decal to a non-Fender neck? If the latter, would you mind saying where you got the decal? Please do tell some more about the origins of the constituent parts of these respective beauties!

Thanks.

• Members

Alec....Anally Retentive?

Yeah - you know...

Anally Retentive:

Often used in reference to a person seen as overly worried about small details of form, style and etiquette; who is uptight or distressed over ordinarily minor problems, and unable to adopt a philosophical attitude toward mistakes.

Not saying all or any of this applies to paul44 of course :).

• Members

I lucked out on that one, genuine Fender G&G shipped from the US inc shipping and customs 75 quid:)

That's a great price :thu:.

My dad had one of those cases when I was a lad. I remember when no-one was around opening the case and getting a lungful of the SMELL that came out - you know that wonderful 'gear' smell? Beer... smoke... pies... whores... I knew then exactly what I wanted to be......

.....a sales rep for Shake'n'Vac :D.

• Moderators

OH those are 57 Strats. I thought they came with V-necks? Never heard of them having Fat necks? Thats MY THING, thats why I stay close to the SRV's and older Crays.

No Gary, the neck is a Warmoth Boatneck, a full 1" all the way down, I love em so much, I'm building a LP with one:thu: I haven't found any stock guitar with a neck I like, apart from my current Edwards LP, but it's a glossy finish...don't do glossy either.

• Members

BANG!................AND THE DIRT IS GONE!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHGE7bO6Mg8

The sunburst strat comprises a Fender Japan 57 body and neck.The thickness of the neck surprised me too,it's really chunky all the way up to the nut.Really nice.The hardware was taken off my US 57 strat when I gave it the Mary Kaye treatment.

I think the solidity of the body and neck really help the Fat 50's to ring out,no muddiness here!

Archived