If you were spending around 2-3K for a guitar, what would you recommend?

astroturf

• Members

I know it has probably been asked a million times before, but it seems I find a lot of 300 dollars or less threads. Basically, my story is short and sour :-). I have an EPI Goth LP now. I replaced the pickups, pots, etc. and it is better, but in the end, it is a fret buzzing machine (especially in the middle of the neck) in a humidified room that no luthier seems to be able to adequately fix. So, I have been saving and want a humbucking screamer with low action that doesn't buzz to the point of hearing it through the amp.

I have looked at the PRS line, Gibson LP's, Godin but haven't played them yet (minus a few LP's that I wasn't terribly impressed with).

I like to play darker sounding metal but spend equally as much time down on my luck and playing the blues. I care nothing about brand identity, and focus more on looks for writing the contract and tone for signing it.

What guitars have you heard that excel in this price range?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

If I were going to spend $2,000-3,000 I would get one of the Historic LPs Like maybe a goldtop one with P-90's like an R4,R6 or an R7 with HBs.Thats what I would get and if I had another $2,000-$3,000 I'd get a plaintop Historic like an R8 or a G0(plaintop version of the R0 sold only at Guitar Center).

273996.jpg

• Members

how bout an ESP or a jackson..you could get a killer model from either MFG. for 2K.

however, if it was me, I'd get a historic gibson LP..probably the R8 or my latest infactuation, the LP standard premium plus

• Members

Thanks for the quick responses! I have never even heard of brands like Anderson, McInturff or Suhr. I know, I should poke my head above ground more often. I will check them out and if I am lucky, there'll be a dealer somewhat close to one of my travel destinations this year!

Archived