HELP: I Need A New Name for a Music Venue!

Mr. Donovan

• Members

Field Of Dreams 2: Field Of Drunks

As the movie opens, we see a team of baseball players stepping out of the shadowy cornfield onto the baseball field. Some of them are falling down, some of them are swinging bats at each other, and screaming obscenities. One guy throws a pop up for another player to catch, but he misses and knocks out a couple of teeth. Kevin Costner eyes them suspiciously and says in his best Iowa accent "Hey you guys needs some coffe, oar something?".

• Members

Wes didn't say when he would make a decision. I'll be going to an after Halloween party he's throwing on Nov 4. I'll just wait until then to find out if he's picked a name yet. I might get a bulletin from him through MySpace before then. I let everyone know as soon as a find out.

I like that Field of Drunks idea. Hey, if anyone has some Photoshop skills they should put the words "Field of Drunks" on a picture of a cornfield. Make sure to post it in this thread if you do.

Even thought there are a lot of corn fields in Iowa there's more to Iowa than just corn fields. Des Moines is also the third largest Insurance Capital in the World, after London, UK and Hartford, Connecticut. Not that that's anything to brag about, insurance can be a pretty boring business. Here's an Insurance headquarters in Des Moines

embassy-club-5.jpg

This is an outdoor Amphitheater in Downtown Des Moines.

simon-estes-riverfront-ampitheater-2.jpg

Here's a Giant Umbrella that's in Downtown Des Moines des-moines-3.jpg

• Members

Hey Franky, Des Moines looks like a really cool city. I'd love to see it in person. You know I'm just kidding about the cornfield stereotype. Civilization is everywhere. A lot of people, people think Charlotte, where I live is a place where everybody sits on their front porch, chewing tobacco and taking potshots at at squirrels, even though we've had The NBA here for over 10 years, and The NFL for what five years now, maybe more. It's a major metropolitan area, much like any other major metropolitan area in the country.

Gotta go, I've got some possum stew I need to tend to.

• Members

Wewus - If you're cooking up Possum and I don't get an invite I'm really gonna be pissed ... and I won't invite you to the BBQ Cookoff and Bluegrass Pig Pickin' at Puckette's Farm Equipment either ... so there!

:D

(okay folks ... you have to live here to understand)

• Members

Originally posted by midinut

Wewus - If you're cooking up Possum and I don't get an invite I'm really gonna be pissed ... and I won't invite you to the BBQ Cookoff and Bluegrass Pig Pickin' at Puckette's Farm Equipment either ... so there!

:D

(okay folks ... you have to live here to understand)

Puckett's

They have some good music there sometimes. My buddy, Buddy Cage played there a couple years ago. Don't you live in Raleigh, midinut? What you doing at Puckett's boy?

• 3 weeks later...

Archived