New Guitar Day!

heem6

• Members

Actually got this guitar awhile back but I've been waiting to post until everything was finished and setup properly.

This is a custom built guitar, the body was made and painted by Mitch @ KNE Guitars in California. Jim from Precision Guitars in Phoenix did the final setup and levelled, crowned and polished the frets.

I got the idea after playing one of the new Charvels. This is a sort of San Dimas replica, with a neck alledgedly made by the same factory in Korea that used to make the import Jackson's before they sold to Fender. It's got twin Seymour Duncan JB's - one in the bridge and one in the neck.

I have it specially wired with no selector switch and no tone knob, just two volumes that can work independently or mix the two pickups in any amount wanted.

It's got a flush-mounted Gotoh Floyd Rose, which I picked because it has a solid brass block for better sustain and tone. It's also very finely machined. It plays like a dream and sounds the best of any of my guitars!

And here's a quick and dirty sound clip I made of it:

http://media.putfile.com/San-Dimas

sd2Enhanced.jpg

sd6Enhanced.jpg

sd1Enhanced.jpg

• Members

Hi and thanks guys!

Here's a pic of the jackson-style reverse headstock. I put the slotted locking nut screws on it that can be opened with a penny. It's also got the allen wrench holder on the back. And a decal of my name on it. It's a 1 5/8" neck, which I like better - but isn't available from a stock Jackson.

I especially got a kick out of the Spinal Tap reference: "You ask yourself how much more black could it be, and the answer is none .... none more black."

sd3Enhanced.jpg

Archived