I've see the light and want to convert...

valentsgrif

• Members

one of my strats or a tele over to a short scale, 24 3/4" neck. Has anybody ever used a Warmouth "Conversion Neck", that supposedly drops in a standard strat/tele body?? Would using such a shorter neck still allow proper intonation and utilization of Pick ups?

• Members
one of my strats or a tele over to a short scale, 24 3/4" neck. Has anybody ever used a Warmouth "Conversion Neck", that supposedly drops in a standard strat/tele body?? Would using such a shorter neck still allow proper intonation and utilization of Pick ups?

Yes.

• Members

Part of the "twang" of a Fender comes from the longer scale length. Do ya wanna diminish that?

No I really don't, but age and arthritis is making neck coverage on chords difficult for my fingers. Been playing some shorter necks and it really helps. Will keep my full scale when no stretches demanded in a tune.

• Members

No I really don't, but age and arthritis is making neck coverage on chords difficult for my fingers. Been playing some shorter necks and it really helps. Will keep amy full scale when no stretches demanded in a tune.

You can say that again!

• Members

I find it that thicker necks make for easier playing on my hand/forarm, The neck scale won't really make a difference...depending on what model guitar you are playing? I'll give you a GREAT example. Play a Gibson SG or a Gibson LP-DC. Both have the shorter Gibson scale but because of the all fret access the length you hand has to travel to reach the 1st position is actually longer than a Strats. I know I own both instruments and have been dealing with a gunshot wound to my left forum since my late teens. So in other words....its ALWAYS been a issue for me. When you are talking LP single-cuts? Thats a different story. There you have the TRUE advantage of a short-scale. So many factors come into play. Play alot of differnt guitars and keep in mind what I've sai. Also try the different neck shapes, I'm positive a larger, fatter neck with greatly improve your pain.

• Members

No I really don't, but age and arthritis is making neck coverage on chords difficult for my fingers. Been playing some shorter necks and it really helps. Will keep my full scale when no stretches demanded in a tune.

My hands will start to hurt if I play my strat for too long. But I can play 25" and 24.75" scale without any pain.

I've been contemplating getting an all rosewood conversion neck from warmoth for my strat.

• Members

Why not get one of the short scale strats at rondo?They only cost $90

After buying a chinese Squier last year I'm down on communist guitars. Not for quality reasons, but political and ethical. Can't seem to bring myself to fully enjoy something as personal as an instrument made in such a society. Same with Indonesian stuff- (Islamic gov't).

• Members

Why not go short all the way? How about a 22.5" Duo-Sonic?

Guitar004-1.jpg

Archived