PRETTY FAR O. T.--my little medicine cat

• Members

This is weird.

I often suffer from imsomnia.

Sometimes I just can't sleep at all.

If it gets as late as 4 or 5 AM, I go get my little medicine cat.

Depending on the weather and her moods, she may be indoors or outdoors.

Her name is Squeaks. She's a little black calico. My former neighbor once referred to her as a yellow cat, but trust me, her predominant color is more black than anything else--my mom once called her "mangy looking" but my mom has this negative way of looking at things--her fur is very sleek and pretty. She's not mangy looking at all.

I call her Squeaks because of her voice. She meows very softly but dramatically, like Godzilla with laryngitis.

She's a fairly agreeable little critter, for a cat. It's not that she's less stubborn than my other kitties, it's just that she's not playing with a full deck, so it is often possible to distract her from what she thinks she's supposed to be doing. Short term memory is not her strong suit.

Anyway, that time of morning she just wants to sleep anyway. Once she's in bed with me I generally have to put up with a bit of ritual sniffing and kneading, but pretty soon she just curls up nose to tail and conks out.

Despite being itty bitty she usually takes up most of the bed. :mad:

What I have found, though, is that if I relax and stretch out with just one little point of contact between us, I suddenly find it very easy to fall asleep. She's like my little living magical sleep talisman. She's good medicine.

And since she sleeps more or less 20 hours a day :rolleyes: she's pretty useful to have around. :D

• Members

Originally posted by Dylan Walters

Wanna trade cats?

Nah, but I've actually got a twelve week old kitten available for adoption if anyone wants her. Her name is Lucky. :)

Her parents are my big old very much beloved short-haired yellow tomcat Perky, and my sweet but independent little long-haired yellow tabby cat Lady, whom I believe to be a sibling of Squeaks--I call them the "silly sisters" :) because they both make me laugh.

Lucky herself is pure white, with pale yellow ears, a pale yellow tail, and a very faint yellow stripe down her back. She has big, startlingly blue eyes. She seems fearless and is very vocal, but she likes to interact with me and her mom and dad and her aunt Squeaks.

Lady, Squeaks, and my other cat Spooky--so named because she arrived on my doorstep one Halloween and has long silky black hair--have all had litters with white kittens in them. I live in a very rural environment and these cats all lived here before I arrived. I presume they share common genetics...

• Members

I think people have told me Boosh is a weirdo.

Oh, wait...

:D

Pets can be a real blessing. A whole lot of trouble, too. But, like any loving relationship, you get out what you put in.

And sometimes animals can draw people out -- when other people can't.

• Members

Originally posted by TrancedelicBlues

... I live in a very rural environment and these cats all lived here before I arrived. I presume they share common genetics...

And here I thought "Hillbilly cats" was just a term for guys in Rockabilly bands.

Velveeta_Matt_Ragan.JPG

• Members

Originally posted by TrancedelicBlues

Nobody has ever told
me
that, booshi... except maybe
you,
who have
really
only sort of implied it here without actually
saying
it...
:rolleyes:

So how many people have ever told
you
that, again??

:p

Bruce called me a Weird Ass,..guess that's about the same ;)

• Members

How can anyone not like cats? Our cat lives upstairs because she can't tolerate the doggies' predeliction for beer and football

She curls up on the bed and purrs

Sometimes she talks to me in little quizzical squeaks

Her name is Ciuin (Quiet)

She's a grey tabby we rescued from somewhere

:love: :love: :love:

• Members

My cat is 1/2 Bengal and 1/2 Egyptian Mao, and she's ALL crazy. Most active cat I've ever had. And she likes to play rough. As in, we'll be playing or I'll be petting her and she'll just turn and start clawing or biting.... kind've hard but not really intending to hurt. She's a barrell of fun. She loves to chase a laser pointer, you can run her in circles til she has to stop because she's dizzy! She loves to sleep at my feet, but she waits til I'm just about asleep and then bites my toes through the covers.:mad: followed by :eek: followed by :D

I wouldn't trade her for the world. She's tiring to keep up with, though, she's more energetic than both my kids put together.

Archived