First Audio Clip!!

FUBTAG

• Members

Hey guys,

Here's my first clip submitted to the board.... but first a little background.

For those so inclined check out my MySpace page in the sig. I am the songwriter and singer of those 2 tunes there. My band TAG is currently getting ready to finally record the CD (album???) that we have wanted to for a while. I also just got my Fender Deluxe Player's Strat -- so of course you get a new instrument and the first thing that happens is that a song idea strikes .... This is just a real rough idea of what the guitar sounds like -- the song is so far a one off --the lead was off the top of my head -- the chords have been bouncing around for a week or so..... oh yeah -- I have yet to intonate and set up the guitar..... I just changed the strings

Recorded through Adobe Audition.. using a cheap computer mic, a yamaha MagicStomp and my acoustic amp (Prime Amplification.. cheap Ebay stuff :thu: )....

Let me know what you think.....

Click here to listen In-Progress-72

• Members

haha -- funny pic.... :thu:

Thanks for the compliments.. The mic is just what I had lying here in my drawer... it didn't do too bad .. never be confused with an SM57 though.

I do like this guitar alot. Still getting used to the controls...

I can't wait to hear what it sounds like through my Fender Deluxe and playing with the pics I ordered from you!!

• Members

That was cool! I enjoyed it! For some reason it made me think of Steely Dan, but that may just mean that my own musical experience is limited in this area.
:thu:

Thanks.... It is just the beginning of a song -- not going to be an instrumental...it ain't my best playing by far.... andI just got my Tone Port in the mail about 1/2 an hour ago.. so hopefully something a little later on will be a bit more interesting to listen to

Thanks.... It is just the beginning of a song -- not going to be an instrumental...it ain't my best playing by far.... andI just got my Tone Port in the mail about 1/2 an hour ago.. so hopefully something a little later on will be a bit more interesting to listen to

This changes everything!!!!:thu:

• Members

I just got my Tone Port in the mail about 1/2 an hour ago..

so hopefully something a little later on will be a bit more interesting to listen to

Your tone is evolving faster than a speeding Bullet Pick!

• Members

Thanks guys!

I know there were gaffes in the lead -- as I said -- It was a one off.... play3d the rythm and then just played the lead on another track... but thanks for noticing :thu::rolleyes:

lol

Just kidding... I would never leave something like that... I still have no melody or anything -- that is what I felt -- just plucking around feel my way till I find something I like....

I just finished setting up the software with the Toneport -- and now I have to go food shopping with the mrs and my baby.. but I will get some time tonight and tomorrow to play around...

• Members

Thanks for the compliments..... I really do appreciate it coming from such varied and what I consider accomplished individuals.....

I got my toneport today.. and hmmm... there seems to be a problem becauise as I am playing it seems to cut out, or like there is a broken wire... it's weird because it actually seems to change the tone. It's hard to explain. I am going to play with it some more tomorrow....

• Members

Thanks for the compliments..... I really do appreciate it coming from such varied and what I consider accomplished individuals.....

I got my toneport today.. and hmmm... there seems to be a problem becauise as I am playing it seems to cut out, or like there is a broken wire... it's weird because it actually seems to change the tone. It's hard to explain. I am going to play with it some more tomorrow....

If you have other USB devices plugged in such as a printer or scanner, turn them off and this may help solve the problem.

• Members

If you have other USB devices plugged in such as a printer or scanner, turn them off and this may help solve the problem.

Nope -- nothing plugged in -- I am using my laptop... It seems that the USB on the Toneport is loose??? It wiggles in the socket... hmmm

Archived