This guy nails it tone+ability wise(youtube content)

h2oman

• Members

The last time I visited Sam Ash (Buffalo Grove) this dude was playing VH...he must of been a huge fan or in a VH tribute band because that's all he played...Anyway the guy {censored}in kicked ass...I stood there and watched him play "something I never do" I even asked him to show me how to play a few riffs "he did"...well this thread reminded me of that dude:confused:

• Members

Good guitar playing. He's got it.
Ya know it's funny though, i'm more impressed by guys like that that put up good originals. When you reach that level of skill, you should display some tunes of your own.
That's what the internet is great for. You can reach an audience you could've only dreamed about a scant few years ago.

• Members

I like that tone he's getting. But he has a touch of chorus on there which takes away a little bit of bite.

It would sound closer to early VH tone if he turned off the chorus.

I have a Roland GP-8 which I LOVE!! (read HC reviews).

And I get a very similar tone with it.

It would be great if I would study some Van Halen style playing.

I really need to get on that. :idea:

-

• Members

Wow,

Out of all the Tonelab vids on Youtube there is hardly a bad one in the bunch .
Line 6 IMO is just soooooooo far left behind when i comes to feel and just the overall body of tone .when it comes to tube amps .
I honestly believe the tube Vs Modeller debate will be much closer when a new second gen Valve reactor circuit is brought forth if vox only put a tube to warm up the pre gain stages.a global eq, a couple of new models . Diezel, Engl plus the Od channels of the new JVM from Marshall (which they easily could as Vox/marshall are linked. it would be game over maybe in the next year or 2

• Members

The playing is excellent. :thu:

The EVH tone isn't too bad (needs to be browned down a little more), but his Dire Straits tone is an atrocious fizz fest in comparison to Knopfler's tone (the guys does play it extremely well though - even if it does miss out on some of the 'behind the beat' feeling that MK cops).

• Members
The playing is excellent.
:thu:

The EVH tone isn't too bad (needs to be browned down a little more), but his Dire Straits tone is an atrocious fizz fest in comparison to Knopfler's tone (the guys does play it extremely well though - even if it does miss out on some of the 'behind the beat' feeling that MK cops).

You need some serious skills to pull off MK tone though. Its so clean and clear it hides NOTHING, one wrong note and the whole audience knows.

• Members

Somehow I'm positive that you couldn't do any better. You may not like what he plays but by no means does the dude suck:rolleyes:

read my post. i'm not saying he's a bad player, i'm justr saying his interpretation of money for nothing sucks. it doesn't sound fluid and he doesn't get anywhere near knopflers tone.

i'm shure i could play the money for nothing intro better then that. and even if i couldn't, that wouldn't that i am not qualified to comment on the stuff he puts on the internet.

• Members

Honest question.

I frequent a few different forums and have noticed something as of late.

Do all people from the Netherlands have uncontrollable urges to post nonsense just to express differing opinions then everyone else? Im not sure how else to say that, im sure you understand the question. It's almost like you don't have any opinion at all, you just like to say things that will irritate other people.

yes. as you may very well know, all people form every country are exactly the same, and will act in completely identical ways on internet forums.

we agreed some time ago in a national meeting to devote all our time to anoying other countries on the internet. i am head of the musical departement, wich means i get to coordinate the insulting and pissing off of musicians around the globe.

seriously, just because you don't like my opinion doesn't mean my motives for it are flawed. i honestly am not impressed by the guy. not because i think i am better, but because i think there are a lot of guitarists on youtube that are.

i am a big dire straits fan and i don't think he comes anywhere near to nailing that song, both in playing and in tone.

the EVH thing is better, but nothing a moderate guitarist couldn't learn.

his tone sounds way too compressed and gainy for my taste.

• Members

i was curious because i play a one man cover show for a living and i do some of the stuff he does here, i dont think his sound is bad on anything, i would do a few things a little differently but not too much, his U2 stuff is great in my opinion hes got where the streets have no name down very well, for me his most interesting one is money for nothing becuase i was gobsmacked how he plays it, i play it completely different, i dont know if he got his from tab or what but i dont think it sounds as fluid as mine, i dont read tab i just listen to the records and go from there so i could be doing it wrong too, i also wonder can he sing those songs at the same time like i have to, sometimes im learning a song and then i realise, {censored} i forgot i have to sing this too

• Members
yes. as you may very well know, all people form every country are exactly the same, and will act in completely identical ways on internet forums.

we agreed some time ago in a national meeting to devote all our time to anoying other countries on the internet. i am head of the musical departement, wich means i get to coordinate the insulting and pissing off of musicians around the globe.

seriously, just because you don't like my opinion doesn't mean my motives for it are flawed. i honestly am not impressed by the guy. not because i think i am better, but because i think there are a lot of guitarists on youtube that are.

i am a big dire straits fan and i don't think he comes anywhere near to nailing that song, both in playing and in tone.

the EVH thing is better, but nothing a moderate guitarist couldn't learn.

his tone sounds way too compressed and gainy for my taste.

:blah: :blah: :blah:

Post clips of you doing said songs better or stfu.

• Members
read my post. i'm not saying he's a bad player, i'm justr saying his interpretation of money for nothing sucks. it doesn't sound fluid and he doesn't get anywhere near knopflers tone.

i'm shure i could play the money for nothing intro better then that. and even if i couldn't, that wouldn't that i am not qualified to comment on the stuff he puts on the internet.

Just post anything that you think is your best playing. Otherwise, we are all going to have to assume that you suck and are just jealous. Of course, once you post, we're probably going to KNOW you suck and are jealous.

:wave:

• Members

what's the matter guys? can't handle the fact that somebody has a different opinion then you?

you open a topic commenting on somebodies playing, i give an opinion. suddenly, everybody starts yapping about my country of origin, how i should shut up, etc.
i think his tone sucks and his playing is nothing special. learn to live with it. i am not insulting the guy personaly, and reading back, i don;t think i was rude in any way.

if i ever find myself in a situation where i start caring about your opinions on my motives, i'll be shure to post a clip of a better dire straits intro.

• Members

what's the matter guys? can't handle the fact that somebody has a different opinion then you?

you open a topic commenting on somebodies playing, i give an opinion. suddenly, everybody starts yapping about my country of origin, how i should shut up, etc.

i think his tone sucks and his playing is nothing special. learn to live with it. i am not insulting the guy personaly, and reading back, i don;t think i was rude in any way.

if i ever find myself in a situation where i start caring about your opinions on my motives, i'll be shure to post a clip of a better dire straits intro.

What's the matter...can't handle a little put up or shut up challenge? Put your playing where your mouth is...post ANY clip of yourself. You already said you could nail the Knopler riff better than the guy in the videos, so it should be easy for you to post a great clip. Why are you acting like such a {censored}?

• Members

I can't handle your spelling and grammar. :freak: :freak: :freak:

• Members

He's a great player, but I cant get past the overdoses of chorus.

Digital chorus teh sux! I have always hated digital chorus since it came on the scene in the 80's. If it's faded back subtle enough in the mix of the tone, I can deal with it.

I always wondered why digital chorus sounds so lame. Then, I came across a very specific technical explanation of how digital technology simulates chorus. I still don't understand the specifics (too technical). Essentially it boils down to the fact that it's impossible to replicate true analog chorus with todays digital technology, so they fake chorus the best that they can.

Archived