'51 Sparklecaster Done

HockeyRocker

• Members

Well I was very impressed with Boots Roots' green '51 with the pearl sparkles. http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1610092 That is a beautiful modification. I just finished my own project today. Check it out:

247676209.jpg

This project kept me busy through the winter. It's my first paint job. I left the electronics stock. Here's a little pictorial...

228333543.jpg228333960.jpg228333510.jpg I sprayed and sprinkled the glitter on top of a coat of clear and then sprayed about five cans of clear over the top. 228333488.jpg

Sanding it down really freaked me out. I had to touch up a couple of edges because I sanded too deep. I went with 320-400-600-rubbing compound and polish. I did the headstock too. 247682792.jpg It's got the standard electronics a a few simple hardware modifications. I replaced the stock bridge and added a chrome cover the the humbucker. The hardest part was coming up with a pickup cover/pickguard. I shaved down a pearloid guard until it was a tiny rectangle. What a fiasco.

So, it's kinda crazy, probably not for everyone, not nearly as nice as the mod that inspired me to post, but I dig it. The guitar sounds sparkley. Now it looks that way too.

Archived