New Guitar Day - Stratastic

RUExp?

• Members

That thing is hot! Happy NGD!

SA's are great pickups. I love 'em.

I just noticed that Randall amp. I used to have one just like it! IIRC it was a Commander 210.

Yes, that is a Commander 210. You'd swear it was a tube amp by the sound of it.

• Members

I had mine back in the late 70's and I remember it did sound real nice. I used to run a Big Muff in front of it and could nail that "Reelin' in the Years" tone.

• Members

I have one of those in a 2 x 12 configuration from about 1985. It sounds like a Blackface on the clean channel, but the drive channel is totally unusable. I loaded it with Celestion V30's and used it until about '98. I finally moved it to the basement where it serves as a 2 x 12 cabinet for my son's band.

Great guitar by the way. The guitar that my wife bought me to go with my Commander II in 85 was a Squire Tele, MIJ. It had some issues (the neck was like rubber), but I wish I still had it.

• Members

I have one of those in a 2 x 12 configuration from about 1985. It sounds like a Blackface on the clean channel, but the drive channel is totally unusable. I loaded it with Celestion V30's and used it until about '98. I finally moved it to the basement where it serves as a 2 x 12 cabinet for my son's band.

I don't use the distortion option on mine at all. I just use pedals for that.

• Members

I'm assuming they're EMG SA's since that the only active single coil model they have on their site. At least without pole pieces. And yes, they are noiseless.

If the EMG logo is gold, they are SA's. (alnico magnet)

If the EMG logo is silver, they are S's. (ceramic magnet)

Archived