New Guitar and Amp

ILikeGuitar

• Members

I went to guitar center this morning but I wasn't quick enough to get any of the good deals.. I still needed a guitar so I played for about 45min and tried out different ones. I finally settled on the RG 2EX 2 (says RG 2EX 1 on site) for $270 (regular is 300). It has 3 way selector, 2 black EMG designed humbuckers, black tone and volume control, Wizard II neck (no idea what that means), 24 jumbo frets, opaque white finish with black trim, and dot inlays. Site says it's a basswood body with mohagany neck and rosewood fretboard I think. The basswood might explain why it's so ridiculously light. It didn't have any scratches and the stock strings seemed new.

I liked the Epi G400 and the sound, but the finish made my hand sorta stick to the neck. The RG felt and played great. I also got a Line 6 SpiderIII 15w amp for 90 bucks ("on sale".. tag underneath said 100 bucks but I think you can get it at a lot of places for 90). It has a bunch of cool effects and has some pretty good sound too. The combo sounded sooooo much better than my old Squier strat and Squier amp. I'm very happy with my purchase even though I didn't save that much from waking up early to go to guitar center.

• Members

I was thinking about getting a MIM strat for 360 but I decided to go with the Ibanez and amp for around the same price.. the MIM strat wouldve sounded like crap on my old amp anyways

yeah it feels amazing, you should do it as soon as you can haha

• Members

Hmmm, I'm actually a little fret buzz if I fret and play the low E and A strings
What should I do? Neck looks straight.. should I raise the individual saddles a little bit? I don't know much about setting up guitars.
They don't buzz when played open.

• Members

Hmmm, I'm actually a little fret buzz if I fret and play the low E and A strings

What should I do? Neck looks straight.. should I raise the individual saddles a little bit? I don't know much about setting up guitars.

They don't buzz when played open.

check for high frets. then take it back to GC and have them look at it

• Members

ok ill bring it back to gc soon to get it checked out.. they cant do any work on it though, ill have to find some other place that does guitar stuff

I played some more notes and only for the low E, it buzzes at all frets
A only buzzes at some frets

Archived