MIM, Nashville Tele (blem)? Squire 51? advice?

T0MCAT

• Members

Should I get a Nashville Tele blem, 375.00, or keep the Squire 51, 69.00 special I just bought which one should I get (keep)? The 51 is Ok, for 69.00 I can't bitch, it will need some work to be a decent guitar. (sorry no pics of the 51 yet, it's a black one)

What do you guys think of the MIM Nashville Teles? The ones with Tex Mex pups with the middle pup like a strat. It's a blem with a big old chip of paint missing, which I kind of think looks cool. . . no worries about that first ding either. It

Great price for a Nashville Tele!!

Love the 51 but I also love my Nashville!!

nashville02.jpg

Honestly. Play that tele. All around a great guitar for the money.

Much better build quality with one of the sweetest neck pups I've ever played!!

• Members

I would say keep the '51 and get the nashville. My 51 felt like a dog out of the box, but it was almost the last one and I figured they would all be that way. I needed maybe 1/4 turn looser on the truss rod and a little bit of hand pressure on the neck and it played great.

I think all the '51's need at least a little setup work but should be easily made into a decent player.

• Members

For the prices, I am going to work on scoring both (i though I was over GAS for a while), If the nashville is still around,

I guess my question now, is is the nashville going to be a good guitar, as is, I don't want to have to be changing things. well maybe a different color pick gaurd.

I have a semi hollow Ibanez Artcore, that is a solid guitar IMO, but it needs a set of good pups and maybe a tap, or dual tap, and it should be a smoking ass guitar. I'll need money for that, and I'll need a few bucks for the 51 uprades too..

thanks

• Members

I love my Nashville Tele :thu:

nashzh4.jpg

Although I changed the bridge pickup, there was nothing wrong with the stock one... I just gotta have a bridge humbucker, that's the way I am. Frets99 is correct about the neck pickup, it's the best sounding Tele neck pickup I've ever heard. :love:

• Members
At the same time, it's a great opportunity to learn how to setup guitars. Setting up guitars rarely involves butchery. Some internet reading, maybe a book, and a few tools is all you need (oh and all the advice at HC).

Imagine what it would be like to have the skills to do it yourself and be completely self-reliant for the rest of your guitar-playing career.

Well stated. It's much better to learn adjustments, tweaks and mods on a $70 item than something that costs considerably more.

• Members

At the same time, it's a great opportunity to learn how to setup guitars. Setting up guitars rarely involves butchery. Some internet reading, maybe a book, and a few tools is all you need (oh and all the advice at HC).

Imagine what it would be like to have the skills to do it yourself and be completely self-reliant for the rest of your guitar-playing career.

Yeah, I agree, and that's what I've been wanting to do. I think I could do the bridge, and pups, but I'm not sure about the nut.

I checked out the Nashville, it might need a nut because the groove seems to be cut too deep on the low E, and it is a bit

• Members

does it look like this?

DSCN3893-1.jpg

I love mine and would buy another one if i found it for $375

Yeah, that's it, but it has a maple fret board, which I had on two strats, and didn't like, but for the cash, WTF? I pick bare fingered, so the maple adds a bit of needed bite to the sound. The honey blonde it self isn't bad, I just don't care for the tortoise gaurd on it because it's too much earth tone.

It was a fun guitar I must say, a lot of cool sounds--I want it! I'm going for the double shot NGD! TexMexTele/51:)

Hey Zep, didn't Page have a chrome, or metal pick gaurd on his tele? That color could work for that Page look, and as a Page fan I'd dig that a lot.

• Members

Page never sounded so good as he did on that tele...very cool raw rock guitar work. Zep, you should throw a metalic, whatever, pick gaurd on yours and go for the Page vibe since you have the rosewood fret board--that would be slick looking.

• Members

The Fairfax GC had that same git several months ago. Is that where you saw it? It was cheap too 350 or 375. I shouda bought it. I had a black one and it was very nice.

No, I don't even know where fairfax is. If it were were black, I probably may have already gotten it. I really like the tortoise on black look, it's tuff, yet classy. I'm thinking about that for the black 51.

Archived