NBD -- Fullerton arrived, sharp frets and all!

curseoftruth

• Members

I just got my $29.00 Fullerton Bass in this afternoon. Looks great, very light. Body is smallish. Sound is good and strong, doesn't do the treble sound very strong but that is cool, I usually don't go there much anyway. Th controls are super loose, I need to open her up and tighten the nuts that hold the pots. Neck is nice and I don't think a truss rod adjustment will be necessary but the action needs to be lowered a bit.

Frets, wow -- those are some sharp ass somuvabeetchas! Guess I need to figure out how to polish them, never have had to do that before.

My kid is playing it now, so pix later. Overall, needs a bit of attention but for $29, no complaints!

• Members

I picked one of those $29 ones up, got it last week, had to loosen the truss rod up almost all the way to get the neck to bend the right way, actually had to do a lot of work on it to get it working... Truss rod, height, intonation were all way off, but it works just fine now, put some new strings on it today, the ones that it came with looked like somebody ran a rasp across them a few times. Thinking of replacing the pickups too.

Just using it for hobby recording.

• Members

Mine came and it was perfect. No issues at all other than a bit of rust on the neck screws. They seem to be pretty hit and miss.

As far as the sharp frets go, my guess is that these things have been sitting in the warehouse for quite a while and might just be so dried out that the fretboards have shrunk a bit. Maybe oiling it up and letting it sit out in a humid area for a while might save you from having to file the frets as much.

• Members

I picked one of those $29 ones up, got it last week, had to loosen the truss rod up almost all the way to get the neck to bend the right way, actually had to do a lot of work on it to get it working... Truss rod, height, intonation were all way off, but it works just fine now, put some new strings on it today, the ones that it came with looked like somebody ran a rasp across them a few times. Thinking of replacing the pickups too.

Just using it for hobby recording.

Got mine, too, and had some serious neck issues out of the box :mad: - hell, the strings were all hitting the first fret ! It even looks like the neck may be slightly twisted.

After about an hour of playing with the truss rod and saddles, I got it pretty playable, but with rather high action.

Just like Curse, the fret ends on mine are sharp, sharp, sharp - I can carefully file those down, so no big deal.

Overall, though, it's not bad - the neck is smooth (and clean !), sounds pretty good, and has a fairly small and light body. A bit more tweaking, maybe a new nut, strings, etc., and it should be a playable, beater/throwaway bass for $ 29.00 - however, if this sold for over $ 129.00, I wouldn't have even considered picking this up...

• Members

Mine came and it was perfect. No issues at all other than a bit of rust on the neck screws. They seem to be pretty hit and miss.

As far as the sharp frets go, my guess is that these things have been sitting in the warehouse for quite a while and might just be so dried out that the fretboards have shrunk a bit. Maybe oiling it up and letting it sit out in a humid area for a while might save you from having to file the frets as much.

All three of mine are great aldo the $29.00 left handed bass packs I bought tp re-sell are sweet.. the amp is cool and sounds pretty good for just kicken around.

Archived