Is it just me but I think REMIX kicks ass!

• Members

I`m not into the DJ thing at all but I must admit, I love REMIX. It is the one magazine in my humble opinion that is full of more quality articles than any other on the market today, including SOS which I love. Even the paper they use is of a better quality. What would put it over the top for me would be a sampler CD with each issue that would include songs/remixes and software.

• Moderators

Originally posted by Ernest Buckley

I`m not into the DJ thing at all but I must admit, I love REMIX. It is the one magazine in my humble opinion that is full of more quality articles than any other on the market today, including SOS which I love. Even the paper they use is of a better quality. What would put it over the top for me would be a sampler CD with each issue that would include songs/remixes and software.

It's not just you. I'm not into the DJ thing either. I keep meaning to not renew my free industry subscription and then I do renew... just 'cause.

It's good. A reoccurring theme is the DJ that gets into "Pro Tools" and makes an album of his own stuff. It offers a different angle to the whole DIY movement.

• Members

Originally posted by Lee Knight

It's not just you. I'm not into the DJ thing either. I keep meaning to not renew my free industry subscription and then I
do
renew... just 'cause.

It's good. A reoccurring theme is the DJ that gets into "Pro Tools" and makes an album of his own stuff. It offers a different angle to the whole DIY movement.

I'm sorry Lee but it is so difficult to read your posts because everytime I am forced to look at your Avatar. It's almost as bad

as my "Neverending Hasselhoff"......well, not really. Is that Carnie Wilson before the surgery?:freak:

• Moderators

Originally posted by Ryst

I'm sorry Lee but it is so difficult to read your posts because everytime I am forced to look at your Avatar. It's almost as bad

as my "Neverending Hasselhoff"......well, not really. Is that Carnie Wilson before the surgery?
:freak:

It's the guy from Little Britain. Very funny dude. I'll change...:cry:

OK: Leif Garrett it is!

• Members

Count my vote for Remix also!:thu:

It's a great read. SOS hasn't been topped, though, IMHO. And now that they've been including the disks with it (which Remix does do every couple of months or so), it's really edged out everybody else. In my last days with them, the disks were really all I liked about Future Music. To me, Computer Music has totally moved their sister mag to the side. They're also pretty good from time to time.

Right now, for me, it's SOS, Remix, EQ, and sometimes Keyboard and CM.

Peace

• Members

Recording and Tape Op are my favs. Remix is cool. SOS is seriously good, and one of these days I'll spring for that expensive sub. (In the US) I also like Electronic Musician a lot.

EQ is great, but I really think right now they are in the middle of nowhere (in terms of there focus and direction). The mag keeps getting thinner (relecting a lack of ad sales?) I really think EQ needs to follow a more home studio approach. Leave the trade mag {censored} to Mix.

I still think Recording is the best. I have learned more from that mag than any other.

• Members

Originally posted by the stranger

Recording and Tape Op are my favs. Remix is cool. SOS is seriously good, and one of these days I'll spring for that expensive sub. (In the US) I also like Electronic Musician a lot.

EQ is great, but I really think right now they are in the middle of nowhere (in terms of there focus and direction). The mag keeps getting thinner (relecting a lack of ad sales?) I really think EQ needs to follow a more home studio approach. Leave the trade mag {censored} to Mix.

I still think Recording is the best. I have learned more from that mag than any other.

I agree. I think tape Op and Recording both seem to interview people in the industry that make great records that I have never heard. I like that.

• Members

Originally posted by Myshell

I read REMIX as well...It's the only mag I still get.

Myshell

I love this woman! :love::p:D

Or maybe I just love women! Sorry, I have issues with excessive flirtation. :D

I'm still not sure if I'm just in love with some psuedo-identity by Jeebus, though. :D

• Members

I love this woman!
:love::p:D

Or maybe I just love women! Sorry, I have issues with excessive flirtation.
:D

I'm still not sure if I'm just in love with some psuedo-identity by Jeebus, though.
:D

hmmm...not sure what i can do to prove myself...but I enjoy the adulation...:love:

Maybe I could PM you some pics for proof or something.

Myshell

• CMS Author

Gee, maybe I should read an issue. I keep not sending in the renewal cards and they keep sending it to me. I looked over the first couple I got, decided it was about something that didn't interest me, and now I just throw them away without even looking at the table of contents.

If I have to read any more magazines, I'd need to start taking stronger laxitives. ;)

• Members

I forgot about Tape Op (probably because I haven't gotten one in ages, and I did resubscribe...time to go paid;) ). Excellent mag. SOS also rocks because of the customizable e-subs. I think you can go as low as 3 months, and that's only like $13 or so last I checked.

What I really like about Recording is that they really focus on the basics. I've learned alot from them, too, but I admit I haven't bought or read an issue in about 6 months.

Peace

• Members

Recording was a great mag when I first got into recording which was in 1991 and back then the mag was called Home and Studio Recording. Yes I too learned a lot. If I had to rate them, I would put them in this order:

SOS

REMIX

EM

TAPE OP

EQ

I can`t include Recording because I no longer read it. Not because I don`t like it, I just find the others more interesting and more on my level. Whether thats higher or lower I don`t know...:freak:

• Members

Originally posted by Myshell

hmmm...not sure what i can do to prove myself...but I enjoy the adulation...
:love:

Maybe I could PM you some pics for proof or something.

Myshell

Hey as long as you're PMing pics ... SIGN ME UP!!!!

:D:thu::wave:

You know we all love ya 'round here Myshell ...

• Members

I like Remix a lot, it does have the right vibe. I look forward to each issue.

But I was always sorry that CMP didn't know what to do with Extreme Groove, which was a pretty kickass DJ magazine during its brief existence. However, it was truly a DJ mag -- Remix is more generalized.

Archived