WP's HCEG Thinline makes me Comfortably Numb.

_pete_

• Members
Yeah that's my lowly solid state modeling amp.
:D

I really love the sound of that guitar on the 2 & 3 positions on the switch.

I beg to differ. It's your attack. You've got killer attack! You really dig in for every note. Great sound!

I've never heard you play before but I've a feeling you're one of those guys that sound good on any rig. Hell, with that kind of attack I don't see how you can't make a rig sing.

I really enjoyed that. Thanks for sharing! :thu:

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You know.. a player sounds like the player no matter what amp you play on. I sounds like me on my little Marshall MicroStack and not much differnt on my giant 100 watt Marshall stack.

Burgess has it right. the way you (people in general) attack the strings pretty much defines a players tone.

• Members

You know.. a player sounds like the player no matter what amp you play on. I sounds like me on my little Marshall MicroStack and not much different on my giant 100 watt Marshall stack.

Burgess has it right. the way you (people in general) attack the strings pretty much defines a players tone.

Oh I definitely agree. I've said that for years. I can play any guitar through any amp and it always sounds like me.

I can't seem to sound like Robin Trower but if he came over and plugged into my rig I'd bet he'd sound just like he always does.

• Members

Thanks for the compliments but that guitar is the star. I don't think it's capable of a bad tone.

The more I try not to think about it, the more I think I will build one similar to it.

I'll never be able to match the looks of it so I'm thinking double cream binding on black with the same pup layout. It may be a while, but I'm gonna go for it.

• Members

Thanks for the compliments but that guitar is the star. I don't think it's capable of a bad tone.

The more I try not to think about it, the more I think I will build one similar to it.

I'll never be able to match the looks of it so I'm thinking double cream binding on black with the same pup layout. It may be a while, but I'm gonna go for it.

You should do a Warmoth Hollow Tele like that :thu:

Double cream binding, black body, black PG, black p90, ebony fretboard and oiled wenge

neck would look :love:

• Members
You should do a Warmoth Hollow Tele like that
:thu:

Double cream binding, black body, black PG, Black p90, ebony fretboard and oiled wenge

neck would look
:love:

Exactly what I'm thinking. Maybe a cream P90 to pick up the binding color.
I definitely want that same Callaham bridge. That is an incredibly nice piece of hardware!

• Members

The p90 is atrox's from an Epi '57 RI.

You know. Those P-90's is the best P-90 I have heard IMO. Before I ended up installing humbuckers on the goldtop, I replaced the Epi P-90's with Gibson P-90's. The Gibsons were great, but the Epi's had more bite. They are great.

Good thing I have another one I can slap in something when I wanna.

• Members
Holy Crapstick!

_pete_, no more self-denigrating from you:

http://www.counterparts.us/audio/20070316_lavilla.mp3

:eek: :eek: :eek:

VIVA La Villa!!! That brought many great memories of me and my buddies listening to Rush (on VINYL!!) whilst playing Dungeons and Dragons as young geeks. We were in like 7th grade. We'd "shoulder tap" dudes to buy us some 40 oz Coors's and play D&D all night and just keep flipping those awesome Rush albums over and over and over. There had to be a year of my life where I heard nothing but Rush. All the great early {censored}. Farewell to Kings, Caress, Hemispheres, you name it I had all the albums.

Anyway, well played Pete!!:thu:

Also, to WP, Atrox, AJ and rest of you fellas who put this guitar together:

Thanks for one of the neatest threads ever on HC!! I hardly come here much anymore, but this kept me checking in almost daily!!

:wave:

Archived