Wow!!!! Check out this guys technique!

Jeff Leites

• Members

That's absolutely hilarious.

I love the levitating guitar trick at the end.

I wrote a song a back in the early 70s that had the line, "When the cowboys reached the coast / they turned back in upon themselves / overlaying roads / overload in a geometric hell"...

I think the same manifest destiny-turned-on-itself push for "progress" -- as defined by simplistic quantification, ie, more notes = better, might appy here, as well...

Here's a whole bunch of technique -- with, seemingly, nowhere to go...

OTOH... I haven't heard his music -- it might be extraordinarily beautiful...

Ya never know.

;)

• Members

FWIW, I saw him at a Dean Clinic in San Antonio a couple of years back. I'm not much into shredding, but I figured it was worth a shot (besides the fact that I was one number off from winning the Dean Guitar)

But, he put on a very intertaining show, kept stressing to the youngster to Prectice, Practice Practice....and he has quite a sense of humor and comic delivery - in a New Jersey Good fella kinda style.

A pretty down to earth guy after all the hype, Oh yeah, I was one of the two volunteers to help him strap that monster on...takes two people!;)

• Members

Seriousry...

I met the guy once at a guitar clinic at Musician's Friend in Medford OR.

His style is a little over the top for me, but I will also say he was a really cool guy. Real down-to-earth and helpful. Although he does some pretty amazing stuff (up to perception) he didn't have any sort of ego about it.

• Members

Originally posted by Tedster

(Strong bad voice):

I can play d' rhythm guitar...JUHNG JUNGA JUNG JUNGA JUNG JUNGA JUNG JAH JAHHHHHHHHH...

And I can play the lead guitar... MEEDLY MEEDLY MEEDLY MEEDLY MEE~E~E~E~E~E~E~E~E~E~

:D

AND THE DRAGON COMES IN THE NIGGGGGGGHHHHHHTHHTTT............

• Members

It's probably more interesting on stage.

I didn't see him do anything Stanley Jordan couldn't do with a single neck.

And that tone! Gawd! Someone swat that fly!

Originally posted by gdoubleyou

ahh.....a product of too much drugs in the 70's?

Nah, more like the realization in the mid 80's that playing like that could score you a lotta {censored}.

• Members

There were certainly people who had that perception, Super... but I can't help but think that, by and large, the only people who are overly impressed with that kind of thing are 14 year old boys just outgrowing Kiss. And, perhaps other shred guitarists.

Political correctness prevents me from completing this line of reasoning, of course...

• Members

Originally posted by blue2blue

There were certainly people who had that perception, Super... but I can't help but think that, by and large, the only people who are overly impressed with that kind of thing are 14 year old boys just outgrowing Kiss. And,
perhaps
other shred guitarists.

Political correctness prevents me from completing this line of reasoning, of course...

It's not kind of music I'd want to listen to for more than 5 minutes, but I still find it amazing that someone can do that.

Archived