Outdoor flash of my finished Treadplate Tele

GuitaRasmus

• Members

Well, I finally solved the issue with the squeeling bridge pickup - like I expected, the problem was the tele bridge with a humbucker rout - it made the whole assembly resonate, thereby giving feedback. Anway, here it is, in all its glory.

Dimarzio custom shop Steve Morse bridge, Dimarzio minibuckers, Fender US single coils, Planet Waves auto trim tuners, schaller 3D-6 bridge, unknown tele body (solid alder) and Cruiser by Crafter neck.

5.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

4.jpg

6.jpg

• Members

Sylvesterlowery: Where on earth would you put that?? :D

FUBTAG: It sounds awesome. It has more mids and less twang with this new bridge, which is just what I wanted. It is great rock/hardrock/pop guitar, but there very little tele about, except for the shape.

• Members

Sylvesterlovery: Ah, now I see - I thought you meant between the minibucker and the middle pickup. I suppose the upper part of the pickup could fit, but the flange underneath, where the wires are attached prevents it.

However, I have considered replacing the middle pickup with a P90. What do you think? Is there enough difference in sound between that and the minibucker to defend it?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Well, I couldn't resist it, and now I've exchanged the middle singlecoil for a P90 - it sounds great, especially combined with the neck singlecoil.

8.jpg

Also I've changed the switching to this:

switching.jpg

Much more logical and easy to switch onstage.

• Members

Well, I couldn't resist it, and now I've exchanged the middle singlecoil for a P90 - it sounds great, especially combined with the neck singlecoil.

8.jpg

Also I've changed the switching to this:

switching.jpg

Much more logical and easy to switch onstage.

WOW, you have four different types of pickups in it now, there should be some kind of award! It's like the Swiss Army Guitar!

That is really cool and looks to be very versatile. Now go play the {censored} out of it and make some killer music!

• Members

Thanks guys! Yep, I'm playing it alright.

It plays onstage quite a lot, I play semi-pro in a covers band, and it sounds awesome through either my ENGL Blackmore or Marshall 30th stack - a great versatile guitar. And the killswitch is just too much fun. :D

Btw, the Steve Morse pickup is just about one of the best sounding humbuckers I've ever used - kind of like the tonezone, with even more punch, but much more open. Kind of hard to describe - try it on his signature EBMM - I think I've found "my" pickup.

Archived