Condolences to our buddy Daklander and his family...

Tedster

• Moderators

Gone to the next step.

A good friend of mine's Dad died a couple of days ago. As we all sat around being there for him someone, who's own father just passed as well, said, "Gone to the next step".

We all just nodded and agreed. I'm sorry for your loss Dak.

• Members

My own mom passed away in 2000. Although it was hard, I realized that she'd been in declining health for years, and that she was finally free.

But, in retrospect, one of the hardest things was to be thinking of all those little things I would have liked to have asked her..."Mom, remember when we went on vacation when I was about 7 or 8 to that lake? Where was that?" That kind of stuff...and of course, now, I can't ask her anymore.

For those of you who still have your parents, don't wait. Any time you have a little question, no matter how seemingly insignificant, for them, write it down. Then, next time you see them, get a camcorder and interview them. Pass the tape down to future generations. You'll be glad you did!

• Members

I want to thank everyone for their support, condolences and thoughts. It helped.

Tedster, I love you man, and hope to see you again for some picking ang grinning. I originally had mixed feelings about your posting of something so personal but the love we received was so wonderful I'm glad you took the time to post.

I couldn't make it back for the services and funeral due to a new chemo regime I can't break, and all the good vibes I got from all of you helped so much.

Thank you all.

• Members

Originally posted by daklander

I want to thank everyone for their support, condolences and thoughts. It helped.

Tedster, I love you man, and hope to see you again for some picking ang grinning. I originally had mixed feelings about your posting of something so personal but the love we received was so wonderful I'm glad you took the time to post.

I couldn't make it back for the services and funeral due to a new chemo regime I can't break, and all the good vibes I got from all of you helped so much.

Thank you all.

We're family here, Dak ;) You lost a mother, but it's like the rest of us lost an aunt we'd never met. We're here for ya. And yes, I'm gonna try and get back there with my trusty ol' Guild this summer...and maybe we won't have a full band in the next room to compete with... ;)

(Sings) "I'm goin' down to the railroad track and watch them lonesome boxcars roll"... ;):thu: Yes!

• Members

Dak,

Sorry I'm late, but read this and wanted to express my deepest sympathy! Losing a parent is probably one of the hardest things to do. I lost my mother when I was only 28... sudden and unexpected with so many questions left to ask. It's hard no matter how much life was lived or how much time was lapsed in between yesteryears and tomorrows.

You know I love you guy and I'm glad that the folks here on SSS offered you comfort through a tough time; this place is stellar for that very purpose and compassion is one of the things that have always kept the SSS thriving.

My condolences!!! :cry:

Keep your chin up

• Members

Dak, I'm new to the site, don't know you or anyone well here, So I hope you don't think I'm being out of line, but I lost both of my parents just a few short years ago within a short period of time of each other...I still feel the pain and you'll find you'll have your good days and bad, just keep her memory alive and focus on your life and your family. my condolences. RR

Archived