GFS Power Rails - shortest review ever.

Funderbunk

• Members

Just to calrify-

I think you'll find the POwer's have a little more high end clarity than X2n's- WAAAAY tighter bottom end and a little more relaxed mids- The crunchies have all the mids dialed back in and a little more clarity as well on the high end.

so it's the crunchies for kicking a plexi into complete non-scooped madness?

• Members

The Crunchy Rails have a pretty powerful midrange to my ears. Here's a quick clip I recorded with mine just plugged straight in:

Those sound pretty decent, especially for the price. What guitar do you have them in/what amp are you running it through?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I dropped a Power Rails into my Jackson DK2 a week ago, gotta say at least twelve kinds of ass. To me it was quite bassy, more than the Super Distortion it was compared to in another DK2 with the same specs. As for cleaning up, there was no grit on my clean channel, but my Vox and Fender Chorus amps make even my Dimebucker clean up perfectly so I can't tell you how it cleans up on all amps. I just love it though, it really fattens up what is usually a bright and slightly thin sounding guitar. The lows remind me of my Les Paul with a Dimebucker, very punchy, tight, and excellent for palm muting.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Just to calrify-

The Power Rails are NOT X2n clones

The Crunchy is NOT a Lawrence clone-

There's just so much you can do cosmetically with that big rail structure-

I think you'll find the POwer's have a little more high end clarity than X2n's- WAAAAY tighter bottom end and a little more relaxed mids- The crunchies have all the mids dialed back in and a little more clarity as well on the high end.

For one, the Power Rails has the exact same DC resistace reading as the X2N, besides the very obvious cosmetics....

And in your description, you just completely contradicted every single thing said about those 2 pickups in your website....

WTF?

• Members

For one, the Power Rails has the exact same DC resistace reading as the X2N, besides the very obvious cosmetics....

And in your description, you just completely contradicted every single thing said about those 2 pickups in your website....

WTF?

Pay no attention to those pesky web sales pitch details, just order. After he has your ^h^h^h er... you've received your product, he'll "make it right" if you have a problem.

• Members

Have fun spending 3x as much $.
:thu:

Most Seymour Duncan forum members pay an average of $35 to $45 for used Duncans or Dimarzios. And the product (built in USA with tighter QA) is always a straight shot, because you know what you're getting, and it's hard to damage a pickup with normal use. Noobs with a soldering iron and spare magnets, that's a different issue, but yeah...

So, I don't get your point man.

• Members

Most Seymour Duncan forum members pay an average of $35 to $45 for used Duncans or Dimarzios. And the product (built in USA with tighter QA) is always a straight shot, because you know what you're getting, and it's hard to damage a pickup with normal use. Noobs with a soldering iron and spare magnets, that's a different issue, but yeah...

So, I don't get your point man.

My point is that you're trolling an on-topic post. If you like your Duncans, I don't see why you're bothering those who like something different.

My other point would be that I'd rather take a chance buying a new (returnable) pickup with a company I've had good experiences with, and who makes excellent products, than take a shot in the dark at a pickup that may or may not be damaged that is being sold for the sole reason the former owner didn't like it.

Personally, I'd take a Fat PAF over any Duncan I've heard, price notwithstanding. The discount is only icing on the cake.

• Members

My point is that you're trolling an on-topic post. If you like your Duncans, I don't see why you're bothering those who like something different.

My other point would be that I'd rather take a chance buying a new (returnable) pickup with a company I've had good experiences with, and who makes excellent products, than take a shot in the dark at a pickup that may or may not be damaged that is being sold for the sole reason the former owner didn't like it.

Personally, I'd take a Fat PAF over any Duncan I've heard, price notwithstanding. The discount is only icing on the cake.

You're gonna hate me for this, but I think you just sounded like a total fanboy.

Do a search of my posts and come back to me, and tell me that I like to troll (?).

My input was actually on topic, as a direct reference to a comment from Jay himself, at GFS.

I don't see why you take it personal, since I am critizicing the actual manufacturer (who I've bought from in the past), and not even the product itself.

In other words, it is aimed at the vague website sales pitch, and the big contradiction put forth by the actual owner.

• Members

You're gonna hate me for this, but I think you just sounded like a total fanboy.

Fine. Please provide the part where I sound like a fanboi, and I'll be happy to explain.

Do a search of my posts and come back to me, and tell me that I like to troll (?).

I didn't say you were a regular, but that you were (are) trolling this thread. We all do it for fun from time to time; just don't tell Mazi ;)

My input was actually on topic, as a direct reference to a comment from Jay himself, at GFS.

Your comments are in response, but fail to directly address the subject matter of his posts.

The troll comment is more in response to the manner which you responded to a fellow forumite, rather than your response to Jay. It may be simple sarcasm, but it comes across as trolling. See below for disclaimer.

I don't see why you take it personal, since I am critizicing the actual manufacturer (who I've bought from in the past), and not even the product itself.

I didn't get that from your post. It sounds to me like you are banging on the product. I'm not taking it personally; I just don't see what you see in used/ abused Duncans for the same price as a new, comparable product.

In other words, it is aimed at the vague website sales pitch, and the big contradiction put forth by the actual owner.

I can see your POV on the marketing hype (please post clips, a tone chart, anything, Jay), but again fail to see any contradiction.

For what it's worth, I'm working on 20 hours of sleep over six days, so I'm a bit cranky. :mad:

DA, not trying to start a fight with ya', just calling it like I see it. :)

• Members

I have a set of these pups waiting to go into my BC Rich Bich that I'm currently refinishing. I was hoping to have it done by now but it's taking me alot longer than I thought it would :cry: I wanna hear these babies wail :p

This was the guitar before:

IMGP1234.jpg

This is what it will look like with the power rails (just imagine it with a glossy clear coat on the body, a neck, and some strings :freak:)

IMGP1263.jpg

Archived