Picks,what size do you use? Metal or Plastic?

bluesrock70's

• Members

That all sounds pretty thin, but if it works for you, then stick to it. Try playing some friends' guitars that use bigger strings and see what you think.

I used to play .10's but recently switched up to .11's. Noticeable difference in tone, not so much in feel - maybe a little "stiffer" or tougher to bend. For picks, I go back and forth between blue and yellow Tortex, which I think are 1mm - .78mm, respectively.

• Members

On electric, for strings I use .10's and for picks I use .73 Tortex
On acoustic, for strings I use .13's and .73 Tortex picks, though sometimes, depending on the sound I want to get I use Fender Thins.
I also use Fender Thins on my Mandolin, but I pinch down on them very close to the tip so there's not much give.

RT1:)

• Members

My main picks are those big rounded triangle ones. 1.00mm. Pretty nice, but little to thin. I think next time I'm gonna get the same thing but in Ultex, because its stronger and stiffer, etc. That said occasionally, I use regular 1.14mm Ultex's and very rarely I use this silver pick that I made. It's a little to thing and I don't want it to chew up the strings.

• Members

Archived