Luthier Needs Help...G-400 Custom

studdhuss

• Members

My Luthier who is rewiring my G-400 Custom, adding new pickups as well...has said his only dilemma is the wiring of the middle pickup and the potentiometer. He says this middle pickup (Epiphone SG Custom, 3 volumes, 1 tone control)is the 'master' and will always be on.

This sounds OK to me and if I'm not mistaken is the way the guitar came shipped.

He also ordered a Switchcraft toggle, it came but was for a Les Paul, is too long will not fit the thin body style of the SG. He is combing his suppliers for a Gibson SG Switchcraft toggle. Anyone know where to get one...quick?

If anyone here is familiar with rewiring the Epiphone SG Custom and can lend a few words to help this along it would be much appreciated.

-Chris

• Members

... He says this middle pickup (Epiphone SG Custom, 3 volumes, 1 tone control)is the 'master' and will always be on.

This sounds OK to me and if I'm not mistaken is the way the guitar came shipped...

-Chris

I'm suprised by this. I would have expected that each of the selector's three posistions would have activated one of the pickups. So you could only have one pickup "on" at any one time.

I've got a book of guitar wiring diagrams around here...I'm going to look it up and get back to you.

• Members

One master tone, three separate voumes. Allows you to cancel the middle pickup for a conventional SG 2 P/U sound and to blend the middel p/u as desired. Selector is 1)wired neck/middle 2)neck/middle/bridge 3)middle/bridge. Set the middle vol at 0 and you got standard SG sounds.

Archived