Whatever happened to IUMA.com?

philbo

• Members

I used to have a couple of albums of our stuff up there, but it's gone now. The whole site - - vanished into the bit bucket of cyberspace.

Too bad, there was some great stuff up there (not necessarily talking about mine here).

• Members

Interesting coincidence... just found a couple of uncashed checks from them/Vitaminic. One was for 8 cents... the other was for, like, a whopping 43 cents...

Guess it's too late to take them to the bank.

I was always rooting for them and had a few songs there -- but I hated visiting the site as a musician/contributor and as a consumer it seemed even worse...

Still, it was a damn shame that such net pioneers (I'm thinking they pre-dated the www, if not maybe having a history stretching back into the mists of time... like the late 80s or something).

Anyhow, RIP IUMA.

_________

I don't know if any of you caught it, though, but the "old" mp3.com is back... sorta, kinda... not really.

But they are taking us unaligned "micro-indies" again as DL contributors... it's not just an unused portal for music-industrial complex promotia anymore.

Anyhow... I haven't done much with it, but I have my old url back... and that's pretty cool... I was somebody* back then when I was at:

www.mp3.com/onebluenine

*Mind you... I wasn't no Bassic. Wonder what ever happened to him...? [Ahhh. Seek and ye shall find: www.lindhe.com ]

• Members

Sorry to hear about IUMA. They were the first site I ever read about that did what they did. And I remember how cool I thought what they were doing was.

And I loved their name!

I spent a bunch of time there some years ago.

I guess times change and sites go down. I never thought Jennicam would disappear either, but here we are...;)

• Members

That was a long and slow death. That place had been sputtering for so long I finally took my music off of it a year ago and went over to SoundClick. I think for the last year or so nobody was running the ship, it was just an old rusty ghost ship that finally sank.

Steve

• Members

Originally posted by philbo

I just checked out mp3.com - - gawd, what a huge steaming pile of pop ups and adware crapola! (Thanks for the tip)

I made sure our old site on there wasn't present, and happily, it was not.

Sorry about that... my IE has pop protection via the Google Toolbar and I have FF's anti-pop-up turned on... so i never even saw 'em -- or I'd definitely have warned you.

Like a lot of folks, when Mp3.com collapsed in the aftermath of their collosally boneheaded copyright violation, I moved over to Soundclick -- a place justly famous for its own relentless pop-ups.

• Members

Originally posted by blue2blue

Interesting coincidence... just found a couple of uncashed checks from them/Vitaminic. One was for 8 cents... the other was for, like, a whopping 43 cents...

Guess it's too late to take them to the bank.

I got one for like 13 cents. I saved it. It's the sum of my musical income. :eek::cool: Plus, you know how business like to frame that first dollar or whatever. I figured I do the same.

:D

P.S. What up at HC?

:confused::thu:

Archived