Summer NAMM: What's Gonna be Interesting?

• Members

Hi,

I wish I could go but I can't.

Strongest rumour I've heard is a new POD variation from Line 6.

There are also rumours about a few guitar products from Roland. Sort of a silly rumour as Roland/Boss always has a few new guitar products.

Cheers,

Mats N

• Members

There have been so many innovations in the past years that it would take very little to amaze me !

Bear with me for a second as I contemplate on the future of musical technology.

We all know that that the human brain is much like a battery with electrical current and electrolites.

A magnetic field is found around every wire with electric current flowing through it, so in theory should be around each of our heads, although be it small . The converse is also true. Electricity can be induced into a wire that passes through a magnetic field.

Ok , so picture this. Picture a coil of very fine wire , thin as your hair, with several thousand windings around your head. The end of this coil is connected to a very sensitive A/D convertor and then to software which can intrerpret your thoughts and create music from your thoughts !

I know, far out , but just a thought.

Dan

http://teachmedrums.com

• Members

We must take your far out thoughts a bit further out...

Why just record the sound track?

I want full video of my dreams.

I have some really interesting nocturnal voyages.

Thing is, I don't think your idea is that far out. They already connect the brain to electodes, etc., in some circumstances.

It won't be long.:eek:

• Moderators

Originally posted by G Geezer

Besides the show...

SIxth Street

:thu:

As an Austinite, I have to warn you guys to not expect too much from 6th street, it's been in decline for a good while now. :(

If you want to see some good music, better bets are Antones (5th st. west of Congress Ave.), Saxon Pub (S. Lamar N of Oltorf), or Continental Club (S. Congress). Elephant Room on Congress usually has some nice jazz if you're into that.

If you feel like slumming and want to see just how nasty Austin gets, try the Red River Entertainment District on Red River St. Between 6th St. and 12th St.

Terry D.

Archived