New guitar design - Update

ArKay

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I agree with both of vcnyls' posts.

I really love the green color. It is a very rare day ,indeed, when I like a green guitar. That color looks very good on that guitar.

Also, the guitar looks much better horizontally as it would when someone is playing it.

Turn your head sideways.

See what I mean?

Yes :thu:

greenbrownhaselnutrot.jpg

• Members

i would make the upper bout a little narrower by taking material from the neck side of the bout about 1/4 inch (6mm) and make a larger radius curve where it meets the neck to make the lines flow from one side of the neck to the other. i like the guitar, but for me to buy, i would need the things mentioned above done.

• Members

Take the bottom cutaway back a little, shape it like a Seagull acoustic and you'll have that balance. Make the lower contour a little closer to the "butt" and it'll have more "movement".

Here's the cutaway I'm thinking of:gtrpeppino.jpg

Here's a nasty, sloppy paint job on the cutaway:biguglyrevised.jpg

Move that lower curve back a touch (so it's not so visibly connected to the top one) and I think you have a winner.

• Members

do you think?

I kinda like it!

Here's my big suggestion. (hesitates) Ok: I think I might like it better if the trem became a hard tail string through. There, I said it. getting rid of the trem would focus attention on the pure P90 goodness. Sustain, overtones, tone.

• Members
Yes
:thu:

greenbrownhaselnutrot.jpg

Awwwwww, man. Why'd ya do that?

I was imagining a couple of hundred guys looking at their computer screens w/ their heads tilted sideways.......

Got quite a chuckle out of that, I did.

And then ya rotated the photo........

Anyways - I'm on the fence on the horns. Looks OK. It's different. Not another knock-off and not (yet) another pointy guitar. Someone else said it. Different in an understated way.

The whammy bar is cool by me. I like that.

I'd get rid of the dots on the fretboard. Or move 'em. Or do something different w/ them (and no, I don't mean GREAT BIG ABALONE). If you're going for a non-traditional look, why go with an absolutely traditional dot layout?

My $0.02.......

• Members

i really digg the guitar!!! where will they be made i could easily pay 1000 bucks for it if the production line would be in japan
:p
because japan quality rocks

Most likely Korea. They are quite capable there these days, you know? :)

• Members

Awwwwww, man. Why'd ya do that?

I was imagining a couple of hundred guys looking at their computer screens w/ their heads tilted sideways.......

Got quite a chuckle out of that, I did.

And then ya rotated the photo........

Anyways - I'm on the fence on the horns. Looks OK. It's different. Not another knock-off and not (yet) another pointy guitar. Someone else said it. Different in an understated way.

The whammy bar is cool by me. I like that.

I'd get rid of the dots on the fretboard. Or move 'em. Or do something different w/ them (and no, I don't mean GREAT BIG ABALONE). If you're going for a non-traditional look, why go with an absolutely traditional dot layout?

My $0.02.......

Sorry if I ruined your fun :lol:

Yeah, abalone would be weird. I'll let him know, maybe he can come up with something interesting. But usually people are turned off by strange inlays, no? :)

Archived