If $199 Agiles are so good, what about this one?

Jkater

• Members

Maybe they wanted quality parts on them yes, but I doubt they wanted to pay MIJ prices for them

I don't consider them overpriced with the SD pickups, ebony board, grover tuners and other Japanese hardware. There are other models with similar specs sans expensive hardware and pickups for a much lesser price.

• Members

I don't consider them overpriced with the SD pickups, ebony board, grover tuners and other Japanese hardware. There are other models with similar specs sans expensive hardware and pickups for a much lesser price.

I agree. Plus I would expect that the fretwork and overall quality is quite different from a $199 Agile.

• Members

I don't consider them overpriced with the SD pickups, ebony board, grover tuners and other Japanese hardware.
There are other models with similar specs sans expensive hardware and pickups for a much lesser price

Show Me, and I want SD pickups and brass shaft pots with ebony fretboard and 18:1 grover tuners. Don't forget the binding and a a maple cap like the one they show. Throw in Rondo's service to boot. Much less to me would be $350.

• Members

The actual additional expenditure for those components would be minimal apart from the pups, and that wouldn't account for 3-400USD

A Schecter with the same pickups, rosewood fingerboard on a maple neck goes for $549. And it doesn't have quite the same specs either :)

• Moderators
A Schecter with the same pickups, rosewood fingerboard on a maple neck goes for $549. And it doesn't have quite the same specs either
:)

Same answer, put the Schecter up on eBay and you'll most likely make your money back, think about that Xaviere I showed you the other day, their original retail price and what the brand means to people. It'd even be the same if they started charging $700 for Squiers etc.

• Members

Same answer, put the Schecter up on eBay and you'll most likely make your money back, think about that Xaviere I showed you the other day, their original retail price and what the brand means to people. It'd even be the same if they started charging $700 for Squiers etc.

No, you can take a big hit on Schecters as well if you check eBay. And many people don't care for resale value (I know I don't). Then again I sold my totally unknown Jay Turser tele here and made money on it. :idk:

A $700 Squier would be a great guitar I reckon, considering what they usually go for :)

Archived