NGD! Aslin-Dane Tele Custom

trill

• Members

from the kind folks at chrisguitars.com:

tele1.jpg

tele2.jpg

I didn't have a whole lot of time to play it last night, but preliminary impressions are quite positive overall. The neck is pretty chunky, but not as clublike as a '52RI or anything, and the fretboard is significantly flatter, thankfully. It's got a super-thick coat of lacquer, but that hasn't slowed me down too much so far. I didn't get a chance to turn up and really wail last night, but both pickups had some really nice clean sounds; the HB in the neck doesn't seem too bass-heavy at all, and the tone control actually does something useful! All the hardware (especially the tuners) seems remarkably solid for a budget guitar, and of course the setup is about as good as it gets. Not bad for $69+a pedal trade! There seems to be some minor intonation issues on frets 1-3, but that's probably just the neck and strings settling in.

I bought this as a base for upgrading, but aside from the less-than-shreddy neck, it's pretty awesome stock. Maybe when I get some money I can get Atrox to slap one of these on it for me :cool:

• Members

Blingin'!

HNGD!

Yeahhh hah. I think the gold hardware/pearloid pg is gonna be one of the first things to go. I've been messing with Kisekae all day, trying to figure out the best combo of hardware/pickguard/fretboard wood. Right now I'm leaning towards chrome/ebony/white.

• Members
Yeahhh hah. I think the gold hardware/pearloid pg is gonna be one of the first things to go. I've been messing with Kisekae all day, trying to figure out the best combo of hardware/pickguard/fretboard wood. Right now I'm leaning towards chrome/ebony/white.

Is it just the lighting or are the tuners chrome?

• Members

Cool!

I have an AD semi "Jazz Jr." that is a great player, and has the phenolic f'bd.

What pedal did you trade? :poke:

Effector 13 Torn's Peaker. The older two-knob version. It's an awesome pedal, but I grew out of (or around) my "chainsaw fuzz" phase pretty quickly. In fact, I'm going pedal-free once I get rid of that wah in my sig.

Also yeah, the tuners are gold, as is the rest of the hardware. Blech! It's a shame they're so ugly, because they're really solid tuners.

Archived