Ebay Ethics...

IPlayMetronome

• Members

Edit:Sorry didn't mean to make the poll public,a reply will do.

First off here's the listing.http://http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=330191669241&ssPageName=STRK:MEAFB:IT

Here's whats up.I just took these out of a used guitar,boxed them up,and listed them.I honestly didnt pay much attention to them but I know they worked fine.I shipped the day the payment cleared.They get there and the guy sends me an email saying that one of the pups is hardwired

(no plug/ harness thing)and that he wants a partial refund because he would have to use his soldering iron to swap the pup out.

I know new EMG's come with new plugs so I really don't see the need for any refund,but i'll leave it up to you guys.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Hrmm... the pic shows everything he needed to know.

Plus, I'm not into the partial refund thing at all. Either he keeps them as is with zero refunded, or he sends them back, he pays shipping both ways and you refund the difference AFTER he leaves positive feedback.

Having said that, your score is only 10 so that isn't quite the consideration it is for someone with 200+ feedbacks trying to maintain 100% positive.

Either way, I don't think you misled anyone in any remote fashion.

• Members

i dont see any false advertising in your listing

unless of course all Zakk Wylde EMGs are supposed to come with that harness thing you speak of

if older Zakk Wylde EMGs dont have them ...well the buyer should have made preparations to accomodate that reality

i would not compensate him for his own lack of preparedness.

thus no partial refund.

the feedback might not be ultrapositive ...something to expect and accomodate for...from your side of the coin :p

P.S. umm.. no need for POLLS to tell you what to do in this circumstance.

• Members

I don't believe the stupidity exhibited by some people.

You can see the wires are cut and no plugs save for the battery harness.

The plugs are on the back of the pickups. There's no way to tell from that pic if they are the older hardwired ones or the newer quick connects. The seller said they were the ZW set which would imply that they had the quick connects.

• Members

Edit:Sorry didn't mean to make the poll public,a reply will do.

First off here's the listing.

Here's whats up.I just took these out of a used guitar,boxed them up,and listed them.I honestly didnt pay much attention to them but I know they worked fine.I shipped the day the payment cleared.They get there and the guy sends me an email saying that one of the pups is hardwired

(no plug/ harness thing)and that he wants a partial refund because he would have to use his soldering iron to swap the pup out.

I know new EMG's come with new plugs so I really don't see the need for any refund,but i'll leave it up to you guys.

You said in your description that it's the ZW set. As far as I know the ZW set has always come with the newer quick connects so he does have a bit of a case there.

If it were me, I would tell the buyer if he's not happy with them to send them back and I would refund his money. If that's not good enough for him then too bad...no partial refunds.

• Members

You said in your description that it's the ZW set. As far as I know the ZW set has always come with the newer quick connects so he does have a bit of a case there.

If it were me, I would tell the buyer if he's not happy with them to send them back and I would refund his money. If that's not good enough for him then too bad...no partial refunds.

Exactly. I would use a kind tone and tell him you are sorry that he did not understand by looking at the photos. I would also let him know what the pickups usually go for and let him know that if he would like a full refund he can ship the pickups back to you and you will be happy to sell them to someone else. Realizing he has a good deal he may feel like you extended a sympathetic ear and choose to keep the pickups. If not you have to go through the hassle of re-selling them, but next time around be sure to describe EVERYTHING so you don't run into the hassle again.

• Members

hmmn..

let's get some facts here ...

Has the ZW set ever come without the 'quick connects'?

If so, then the extent of Kung-Fool's 'knowledge' about it has no legitimacy in determining whether any sort of refund is due

the listing as it appears ...advertised ZW EMGs ...in used condition

no mention of it being NEW or ..that it has 'quick connects'

so it all hinges on whether it is FACT that ZW sets ONLY ever had 'quick connects'

IF so...then we have a case of FAKE ZW set pickups?!

NO?!?!

if so..why only partial refund?

why not 'report' it in the numerous 'report a fake' threads lying around these forums?!

i am puzzled....

• Members

Just my opinion;

First came sniping to beat out competing bidders, and now the newest way to beat your bidding competition is to bid over what the item is worth and then after you win, demand a partial refund in order to get the price paid down. Some take it a step further and simply do a chargeback and get the item for free. The bidders are getting more crooked every year. :cop:

• Members

The zakk wylde part was just based on what I was told by the person that sold me the guitar they were in.I dont know much about EMG's but after checking their site,it looks like its just an 81/85 set with some Zakk swag in the box.But I did include everything that was in the picture and explained what I knew was missing.

I told him that he got them for way less then half price and he told me price was no consideration here.
So from what i'm hearing,EMG's used to be hardwired,thats good news.I dont know if the guy is on HC or not,but i'm telling him no and making a follow-up on his feedback,if he gives me crap about it. Thanks guys

Archived