A new forumite

Damon67

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Welcome aboard. This is a great place to hangout and B.S. about guitars with a great bunch of guys and sometimes girls. I've been here for almost 6 years now, and I still gotta read this forum multiple times per day. It is most addictive LOL.

• Members

But I don't know if you remember, but Gibson came out with 58RI though I don't think it was called that. Difference being, it had a all Mahogany body + neck like the 67RI. But ws a String Through Body design with the V-Tail and input jack etc etc were all 58-styled. Realy was a dead ringer for a 58 aside from the wood choice..................Anyway I seen "ONE" used at Guitar Center early last year for $899. was the Tag Price. So I assume GC would have even done a little better. Anyway I bought something different that day. And I don't remember what it was. But I do remember the Vee catching my eye. I went back a couple weeks later thinking I'd put a few bucks on it. It was gone..............the good one's always go FAST!

Those are really nice Flying V's IMO. I guess other feel the same...........or they are kind rare. Because you certainly never see them.

I always wondered why GIBSON doesn't RI that 58 Vee like Epiphone did?

I know it exacly! It came out right after my custom graphic, and the singer in the band I was in had his Mommy buy him a V nicer than mine. He was a little beotch like that.

It had the vintage tuners, rubber on the bottom, and a raised Gibson logo. It was a sweet guitar, and I had to tell him it was indeed superior to mine.

If I found one for under $1k, I'd have to think hard about passing it by.

Thanks for the GAS

• Members

G'day! I'm new too although I admit I started off with more of a 'stealth' approach. I don't usually see the point of forums, but this one's the rare beast where most of its users actually seem have have a clue what they're talking about...

Great collection! I find the UKII and the Mosrite are particularly noteworthy but they all sound like interesting axes...

• Members

G'day! I'm new too although I admit I started off with more of a 'stealth' approach. I don't usually see the point of forums, but this one's the rare beast where most of its users actually seem have have a clue what they're talking about...

Great collection! I find the UKII and the Mosrite are particularly noteworthy but they all sound like interesting axes...

The UK II was technically my second guitar, I traded my Preacher in that I had bought from the same store only a few months before. I'm the only owner (and will remain that way until pried from my cold dead hands).

The Mosrite is the most interesting, and most collectable by far. I'm finally going to have it up and going again with some help from Bob Shade at http://www.HallmarkGuitars.com . I could do a couple of paragraphs on the uniqueness of this axe, but I'll save it for another time.

Thanks again all for the welcomes.

Archived