"I really don't mind if you sit this one out" - But Jethro Tull s/b in the R&R HOF!

GAS Man

• Members

BTW, how was the sound at the Coliseum show? It's known as a notoriously unintimidating place for visiting football teams (never mind that USC's only losses there since 2001 have been to Stanford
:rolleyes:
) because it's not very loud. This means it would probably actually be better for a rock show than the average stadium, since it wouldn't be highly reverberant--and thus extremely muddy.

It wasn't as loud as the concerts that I attended later. The sound was well balanced as I recall. I was in the back on the ground level, so I don't know about up close.

They had a forty fool "Tull-a-vision" which was a very early big screen which is so commonplace at concerts now. Overall it was an awesome experience.

• Members

I seen Tull live. Amazing show.

I finally got to see them live around 1998. They were still awesome, extremely tight band and sounding just like their recordings. EXCELLENT show. And it was in a small local theatre that used to be an old movie theater. Probably somewhere around a thousand seat capacity, so it was great to finally see them in that kind of relatively intimate venue. :thu:

• 1 month later...
  • Members

I saw Tull recently in Toronto and it was well played by all, but sadly Ian's voice was straining through most of the show. However; musically they were strong as ever and the band has kept themselves in good shape musically and physically.

PS. I had 4 jerks behind us that were yelling commentary to each other. A loud STFU by myself was unheard however.

• Members

My first concert EVER! was Jethro Tull playing the whole Thick As A Brick album in the Baltimore Civic Center. It was in '71 I think. Then they came out for an encore and did the whole Aqualung album. The concerts then were young and hungry musicians that had to perform their ass off and put two albums a year out. Ian and company were flawless in their performance.

I've been listening to the Thick As A Brick and Aqualung CD's this last week in the car....good timing for this topic!.:thu:

Archived