The Official "Worst of 2006" Thread

Anderton

• Members
Originally posted by Anderton

In a spirit of equal time, let's also cover the most suckful things, events, people, disappointments, whatever of 2006. I have a feeling we won't have to worry about running out of items!

If I was to list any of my top twenty "Worsts," this thread would be headed toward the politics board...

I think I'll read everyone else's answers first (for a change) and maybe get more in the spirit of the thread. :D

Originally posted by MikeRivers

Cellular phones that are too small to be practical and more difficult to use as telephones. (I already carry a computer every place I need one, thank you)

Or the apparent unavailability of phones with screens you can actually see in daylight.

My first four mobiles had B&W screens that were exceptionally easy to read in all light conditions and worked perfectly.

But some horse's ass decided we all needed color screens on our phones... so now I have a phone that is all but unusable in daylight unless you just punch in the numbers by hand.

The dolts.

Originally posted by myshkin

Running short of toilet paper at inconvenient moments.

TMI

[Too much information.]

Originally posted by Billster

Worst of '06 - the ongoing Darfur situation, and the general continued practice of political power brokers using people as pawns. This using of people includes 90% of American political culture, btw. We yanks are just more subtle.

See the first part of my post. (Entres nous: yep.)

Originally posted by spokenward

hmmm, Sound Forge 8 was last year.

Nope, I guess I got nothing.
:thu:

The pain of that one lasts more than a year.

I "upgraded" after Sony offered a combo-upgrade to SF8 and the latest CD-Architect, both of which I owned under Sonic Foundry and which I found valuable. (Although SF dragged their heels so long on CD-Arch's update for XP that I gave up on it.)

I was NEVER able to get EITHER SF8 or CD-Architect to work properly (CD-Architect for multiple reasons).

Sony "support" (during that brief window when it was free) was pretty well WORSE THAN WORTHLESS.

They are getting to be least favorite company in the audio/consumer tech biz. Sadly, they were the first company I ever fell in love with, way back in the shirtpocket transistor days (and the era when I got my first "real" tape recorder, a Sony). But that was then and this is -- sadly -- now.

Originally posted by Mr. Botch

Kim Jong Il successfully detonated a nuclear weapon.

Less than two weeks after exit polls showed the second-biggest reason the Republicans lost big-time in the Election was "Corruption", that party appointed AL Senator Trent Lott to a high-ranking leadership position.
Hello, is anyone in there listening!?!?!?
:freak:

CNN Headline News drops their half-hour news format during the evening hours to repeatedly broadcast Entertainment Tonight, a mildly-interesting commentator, and an alpha-bitch legal Talking Head.

[snip]...[/snip]

130,000 U.S. troops in Iraq were STILL not sent up to the Afghan/Pakistani border to capture/kill the monsters who attacked us on 9/11.

Hmmm... I'm biting my tongue... but... yeah.

Originally posted by amplayer

For some reason, Britannylips quit posting here. The forum is way less interesting as a result.
:cry:

Yes... but he/she seems to have taken walters with him/her so... on balance... ;)

• Members

Not to hijack the thread, but...what problems did you have with SF8? I've used it with no problems, except I found you have to have the interface connected that you used last time with SF for it to open. And if there's an error window, it's hidden behind the splash screen so you can't deal with it except (usually) by alt-tab.

• Members

If I was to list any of my top twenty "Worsts," this thread would be headed toward the politics board...

+1

People not realising 911 was an inside job.

Unfortunately, that issue has been ongoing for the last 5 years.

Archived