Wayne's World Strat (Fender Japan)

Coverdale

• Members

Hey guys! I found this strat. The Wayne's World strats I know are mexican, and the Squier version(made in japan)

The guy says it IS made in Japan, and it's NOT a Squier. The others I've seen didn't have that bridge...

80f4149268.jpg

ac838d8c7f.jpg

fc7955af0b.jpg

He's asking around 370

• Members

The only WW strats I have seen were MIJ and looked like the white one in the movie. They had fat 50's style neck and vintage specs.

The body of the one in the pic is def' Fender. Not sure about the neck as I have never seen an MIJ Fender with a locking nut positioned like that one is. The Fender MIJ ones with that trem system that I have seen always had the lock after the standard nut.

• Members

That's the System 1 bridge. No WW ever had that.

The decal looks iffy to me.

I'd not pay that for it.

You can get a MIJ off ebay and have it shipped to you for that.

I've seen WWs go for between low 200$USD and as high as $500 :freak:

• Members

Didnt the contemp have only one volume and tone knob? I also thought the locking nut on those was a clamp down type.
:idk:

nope the 2 knobs were before 83 i think. and they had a diff bridge

the contemporaries were jap made after the sale from CBS to Schultz

• Members

That is a Japanese contemporary standard "22", meaning it has a 22 fret neck. It is Japanese made, but it's not a Wayne's World Strat.

Something isn't right about that neck. The locking nust is completely wrong & the decal should say " Made in Japan"

I have one just like it, but it's red. Great guitar. Here it is for comparison, I bought it new in 1986 from Sam Ash in Paramus NJ.

DSCN0472.jpg

DSCN0471.jpg

DSCN0470.jpg

You can also read about them here:

http://freespace.virgin.net/john.blackman4/st22.htm

Archived