Wha if? [Just an Idea]

ViLo

• Members
Originally posted by achtung jackass

nah i dont think so. i think its a good book. its obviously Clarke.
:)

Maybe it's I'm more golden age (juat a perspective and hey, all opinions are cool in that) -- to me it read almost anti-Clarke not so much like "sentinal", more like the Baxter collab stuff or how the Rama series got dilluted by collab

I mean - for me (and that's for me, others can totally feel differently) the coninuity wasn just gone [which I found odd for a golden ager], and the message was antithetical to the earlier works and even the style had less of that Clarke "travelouge" style where plot was a scaffolding for the description of the "universe"

hey, maybe Sri Lanka will do that to someone! :)
only half tongu-in-cheek- time has moved and I suppose so has Clarke, but I certainly didn't expect that out of a old guard hard-science guy

• Members

... but I don't think it will ever be possible. Imagine it, though- lazy ole me gets to create all sorts of stuff without have'ting to learn to play instruments and unfettered by physical limitations. Tasty!

There will be a time of artificial eyes and ears but the ability to connect circuitry to nerve cells isn't quite there yet. As for direct upload/download of info, cool thoughts, but I'm not holding my breath!

• Members
Originally posted by Angelo Clematide

Clones of ViLo

Will there be a market for it?

Would he do it for free?

Do you need a clone of ViLo, and if yes what for?

I'm an Everythingologist/Handyman/UtiliyMan......I can do everything around the house, plus I can entretain you with my music...etc..etc... :D

• Members
Originally posted by Hanshananigan

Man, I would LOVE to download music or images or dream/imagined video clips OUT of my head!

Yep!! I have composed music in my dreams, but when I wake up is gone, I don't remember anything :cry::)

• Members
Originally posted by ViLo

Yep!! I have composed music in my dreams, but when I wake up is gone, I don't remember anything
:cry::)

I sometimes wonder if the music in me dreams is actually as good as I perceive it, or if it just "seems" good, like one's incomprehensible thoughts seem really "deep" when you're stoned... :freak:

• Members
Originally posted by blue2blue

I was thinking what I need is a way to upload my genius into the group mind... not sure if the blog/podcast is getting the job done...

I would gladly accept your knowledge of the 1's and 0's. ;)

• Members

I'd only drive myself crazy with Craig's or Bruce's knowledge because I don't have nearly the same equipment as they do. It would be awful to have the knowledge and not the tools to exercise the tasks and fulfill the dreams.

Archived