Would you trust anything from this Ebay store?

DarkHorseJ27

• Members

Most of the negative reviews have been on his acoustic stuff. However, if you search hard enough you'll find some glowing reviews of their electric guitars and basses. That being said, I tried to contact them regarding combined shipping prices and some general other questions and never received a response.

• Members

yup

in last 4 months i bought heaps of guitars including rosewood backed acoustics from this ebay store

the cracking as pictured on chionline webpage appears to be similar to cracking problems in ANY acoustic guitar that has been moved/delivered from one extreme environment to another..the hit piece webpage have helped in maintaining reasonable prices on the guitars however...and for tht i am grateful :D

all my guitars including acoustics from this ebay shop were around (and most usually under) USD300 total to my door per guitar (I am in Aus as a point o reference) and their shipping is lightning fast

they all benefit from a fret dress (as do most guitars i buy from all other sellers) but all can be setup to play beautifully (the acoustics are tougher to setup as changing action requires more work than on an electric)

incidentally this is one of the few guitar sellers i have noticed who believe in bliiing on guitars (as I do) and sells them at very very reasonable prices

try finding a local luthier to do some inlay work and see how much tht costs :D

• Members

The reason I asked is because someone bid on that guitar using my Ebay account. I was logged into my account, and was looking at a guitar. I had to go to the bathroom, and there is a bathroom within five feet of the computer. Instead of logging out of Ebay and logging off the computer first I rushed into the bathroom (how come the real big craps are able to sneak up on you so fast?). I came out in about five minutes and found someone had entered a bid.:mad:

I was asking to see how good they were, so I could possibly sell it locally and at least break even instead of going through the hassle of retracting a bid (I didn't want the bother of Ebay investigating the retraction or the possibility of having a black mark on my account).

Reading the feedback on the guys page there are a lot of examples of feedbacks from the same person leaving multiple ones wording exactly like each other, all left only a few minutes apart from each other. Seems to me he's padding his postive feedback percentage. On top of that the Google search and a lot of people complaining about a lot of cracks.

I've retracted the bid already, and changed my password to be on the safe side. If either Ebay or the guy tries to make a big stink about it, I'm just going to say screw it and delete my Ebay account. I've always found getting things through MF a lot less painless anyways.

• Members

Reading the feedback on the guys page there are a lot of examples of feedbacks from the same person leaving multiple ones wording exactly like each other, all left only a few minutes apart from each other. Seems to me he's padding his postive feedback percentage. On top of that the Google search and a lot of people complaining about a lot of cracks.

are you saying the seller is buying from himself?!

lolol

those multiple feedback entries you see from same person/bidder/buyer in his feedback probably refers to folks who have bidded and received multiple items at the same time

i know i have received 4 guitars at once from this seller after going crazy once in a few days heh

so when i leave feedback i also tend to copy and paste my comments for multiple items...

• Members
:confused:

your living arrangements might require some security work

are you saying the seller is buying from himself?!

lolol

those multiple feedback entries you see from same person/bidder/buyer in his feedback probably refers to folks who have bidded and received multiple items at the same time

i know i have received 4 guitars at once from this seller after going crazy once in a few days heh

so when i leave feedback i also tend to copy and paste my comments for multiple items...

Forgot to mention that it is a public computer, but when you gotta go you gotta go, and I didn't think anyone was around.

Also forgot to mention half the time when there was multiple entries as described the person had a very similar choice of words as used in the item description page. Me thinks he has his workers get EBay account, "buy" something, then leave positive feedback.

• Members
Forgot to mention that it is a public computer, but when you gotta go you gotta go, and I didn't think anyone was around.

Also forgot to mention half the time when there was multiple entries as described the person had a very similar choice of words as used in the item description page. Me thinks he has his workers get EBay account, "buy" something, then leave positive feedback.

i doubt it very much

the prices on these items are so low tht i am certain many buyers (like myself) have bought far more items from him than intended in the first place

moreover ..after receiving the first batch of goods(cause the first items brought on the most anxiety as one just does not know ...) and seeing tht ..OMG they are da real deal ...buyers like me then go on a spending spree

GAS for these things dont cost an arm and a leg :D

• Members

Did you see this one?

http://cgi.ebay.com/SKULL-EYES-WITH-LIGHTS-DESIGN-ELECTRIC-GUITAR-GT6621_W0QQitemZ260206037257QQihZ016QQcategoryZ10171QQcmdZViewItem

Teh lightz in teh skulls lit up when striking chord shape. I kind of want to buy that just because of the novelty lol. Too bad I don't have cash to just throw around right now I'd seriously buy it just to see what the quality is like.

• Members

Did you see this one?

Teh lightz in teh skulls lit up when striking chord shape. I kind of want to buy that just because of the novelty lol. Too bad I don't have cash to just throw around right now I'd seriously buy it just to see what the quality is like.

It comes with a gib bag, too!

Archived