Les Paul > Strat

spruce goose

• Members

I'm going through an "LP" phase right now. I'm kinda surprised. My first LP wasn't that great for tone. But then I've acquired 7 more and each one has been better sounding than my first Gibson LP, so lately I've been playing a lot more Gibsons than Fenders. Surprising to me since I used to have more of a strong pref for Fender tone. But I bet I'll phase back around again.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Well, that's what they claim it is ...

Q: Why is American beer like sex in a canoe?

A: Because it's {censored}ing close to water!!!! :poke:

P.S. - Bbreaker, you are feeling very sleeeepppyyy, you are under my control, you will obey my every command, you want to give me your guitars . . .

I thought it was worth a shot. :idk:

• Members

I got nothing against Gibson but Fender Strats are better. I would be to afraid to damage a high end LP but I know with a High end strat it can take so abuse and still keep going and look good.

Ya know, come to think of it... I never see people post "relic" LPs, at least not like those belt sander specials you see on ebay all the time.

• Members

Ya know, come to think of it... I never see people post "relic" LPs, at least not like those belt sander specials you see on ebay all the time.

No posts, just pics of Neil Youngs "Old Black", rattle canned gold top, which has had many horrors inflicted upon it.

Sounds great though, don't it!

Archived