The new look of the forum

where02190

Yes, you're being too optimistic Jeff. ;)

Seriously, I think most of the significant issues have been addressed / fixed at this point. Some of the remaining issues are just a matter everyone learning the new version of the software... but it's a lot faster, more capable and IMHO, easier to use (once you learn where everything is) than the old version.

The main gripes now are mostly color scheme (we'll probably add user selectable skins eventually), additional smilies (we'll probably add more - Phil thumbs up will probably be the first Phil-Thumbs-Up-Small.gif;):p ), and the currently disabled search function - which as I said, should hopefully be back on tomorrow. :wave:

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

and the currently disabled search function - which as I said, should hopefully be back on tomorrow.
:wave:

Yes, I don't use the search function every day, but I sure do miss it when I need it (today, for example). Then again, it's such a minor (and temporary) annoyance considering what a great place this is. :)

Thanks, Phil! :thu:

Best,

Geoff

• Members

And yet I keep feeling compelled to try. And I don't know why.

Maybe if I point out something and someone will say, "Hey, that guy seems to make some sense some of the time, maybe I'll try that."

- Jeff

That's what I do. Only I try and cast some voodoo spells on them, too. It's much more effective. Sometimes Karma just needs a little nudge. Just give 'em a little zap with your third eye. Nothing malevolent, just a suggestion, ya know? :D_~

• Members

I love the "reason for editing" feature. More room for sarcasm and intelligent wit. They say sarcasm is the last refuge of losers. Guess I'm not winning, eh?

I saw a quote once...are you in love with love or the person? I thought this was an interesting item. I think some people just get their jollies off little text entry boxes. :D_~

These are quite feature laden.

I like the part about six weeks.That was premium sarcastic wit. Stabbing social commentary directed at the subjects of said observation. It is six pages. So, maybe the number six has some relevance here. I don't know.

Yes, I don't use the search function every day, but I sure do miss it when I need it (today, for example). Then again, it's such a minor (and temporary) annoyance considering what a great place this is.
:)

Thanks,
Phil
!
:thu:

Best,

Geoff

Latest update Geoff - it should hopefully be back up tomorrow. I know I said that about today, but it looks pretty good for tomorrow. They've got some compiling or something in progress, and once that's done, search should be back in servce.

Thanks for your understanding and patience - we appreciate it! :wave:

• Members

I had to do a double check when I logged in today, looks great. Personally I think it looks wwaayy better than the old forum. I use vbulletin on my forum and it's awesome though I am surprised you didn't do a custom skin.

One thing I did notice is that the mp3 upload size is 100.0 KB.I don't know if that's intended or just hasn't been changed yet.;)

though I am surprised you didn't do a custom skin.

We're getting everything fine tuned and dialed in first, and plan on looking at the possibility of getting several different skins and allowing each individual forumite to select the one they want to use, or they can just stick with the default. :)

• Members

Can you direct your attention to my forum after you get things smooth here? :D_~

Whatever you find going on there isn't sanctioned by me. I'd rather not get involved. :D

Another minor quibble...

Why do Phil and Blue have the same avatar?! :mad:_~

Uh...wait, that may be a good idea. You should be able to go to the control panel and set the avatars for people that you want to see. In other words, I'll give everybody that I would prefer to read the same avatar. Variety could be available and should be encouraged, though. I could just have a blue square for blue, a white square for Craig, a red square for Jeff, and on and on...I'll just give everybody a color assignment. I think I'll makes Phil's chrome. :p_~

That would make it much easier to skip the rest. Kind of like how when you see the stranger's avatar, you know that it could be dangerous to read that thoughtless jive!

Archived