Internet Addicts

boosh

• Members
I've seen ads from Sweetwater where the sales reps look like they could be working in an accounting firm. Maybe not suits, but dress pants and shirts with ties. They should try Dockers or something similar for the more business casual look. Or maybe go another route; lab coats, pocket protectors, and horn-rimmed glasses.
:D

Ed,
Hi, Dockers are fine with me... Chuck

In fact, here is exactly what our employee manual says:
".... the following are generally not appropriate attire at Sweetwater: bib overalls; shorts; pajama bottoms; sweat pants; flip-flops; slippers; tops that are inappropriately suggestive or contain writing or graphics that may be offensive to others; skirts or dresses that are so short as to be inappropriate for a business environment; cargo pants; exposed undergarments and hats other than baseball style caps..."

• Members

I've only got great things to say about the guys at Sweetwater. My buddy there, Randy Akens, always goes way-y-y out of his way to make sure my shopping experience is a positive one; they usually follow-up a purchase with not one but two phone calls to see whether the product you bought meets your needs and expectations, is in good condition, etc., etc. We have long phone calls sharing "show biz" anecdotes and tales of woe and triumph from the road, etc. That personal touch makes them my go-to place for all my music hardware.

• CMS Author

Mike,

I am amazed how rumors start to run crazy. Sometimes they get a life of their own. Sweetwater doesn't require suits...never have ..and I doubt if we ever will.

Well, the first and last time I posted about this, I identified my "informant" as a coworker, and my post was in a forum where peole knew where I worked. It caused a big flap between Sweetwater and my company, so I won't do that again. But he did come to our company from Sweetwater and he did tell me that he was expected to wear a suit. That could have been his interpretation of "dress nicely." I didn't ask for details or to see "the memo," but I did think it was rather curious. However, where we were working some of the professionals did come to work in jeans and T shirts. It was pretty informal.

I don't wear suits, but I never went to work in the office or to meet with clients wearing torn jeans. And in fact, the clerks at my local Guitar Center don't either.

I hardly think this is a rampant rumor (I'd be proud if I started it, but I certainly don't claim that honor) and things like this are quickly forgotten or ignored. But thanks for the clarification.

Archived