Runability and fast shoes

Knottyhed

• Members

Obviously, the one with the fastest soles. My friend had a pair of Nike running shoes and was fast as hell. I'm thinking of getting a pair. Right now I only have 4 pairs of sneakers and I don't have one for fast running. I have SAS.

• Members

Obviously, the one with the fastest soles. My friend had a pair of Nike running shoes and was fast as hell. I'm thinking of getting a pair. Right now I only have 4 pairs of sneakers and I don't have one for fast running. I have SAS.

Cool I might have to check them out, I have Adidas at the moment - I really like the sound they make when they hit the ground but they don't go fast enough. Do you think replacing the laces might help?

• Members

Hey, some people like to go jogging, others like to sprint. It's not my thing but to each his own.

I think speed is in the toes, but the sneaker AND the laces have a really profound effect on speed as well. Velcro or slip-ons are for teens wanting to bring teh brutalz.

• Members

find some scalloped shoes

Amen to that. I find lacing up with 8's and sporting a mullet and frilly shirt seem to help despite going against the laws of aerodynamics.

edit: but seriously, laces would probably be the tightest fit to you foot. Basically the lightest shoe will help. Or a heavy shoe for training.

• Members

You need to build up the calluses on your toes, and clip those toenails once in a while. What's great for climbing trees isn't so good for speed.

And get rid of those silly insoles. They just soak up all the mojo, and harder to get at the springs.

Don't wear socks either. You want that mojo really slopping around in there, or what?

Darn kids these days and their polyester lycra crap. All snappy and shiny. I like cotton, or even, better, wool. Nice warm feel, more character, texture. Like they made in the 60s before CBS.

• Members

Parody or not, off-topic threads and general negativity/hostility are really the biggest contributors to the downfall of HCEG. What the hell ever happened to ON-TOPIC POSTS ONLY? Right now I can count at least three threads on the front page that have absolutely nothing to do with guitars.

Every time I take a week or two off, I come back to HCEG and it's gotten worse. Maybe when you visit every day, you just don't notice the degradation of what used to be a really good forum through and through. Now you have to pick diamonds out of {censored}.

Archived