Runability and fast shoes

Knottyhed

• Members

Parody or not, off-topic threads and general negativity/hostility are really the biggest contributors to the downfall of HCEG. What the hell ever happened to ON-TOPIC POSTS ONLY? Right now I can count at least three threads on the front page that have absolutely nothing to do with guitars.

Every time I take a week or two off, I come back to HCEG and it's gotten worse. Maybe when you visit every day, you just don't notice the degradation of what used to be a really good forum through and through. Now you have to pick diamonds out of {censored}.

Bah, I distinctly remember that when I joined up HC forums were ridden with trolls and parody threads.

• Members

Parody or not, off-topic threads and general negativity/hostility are really the biggest contributors to the downfall of HCEG. What the hell ever happened to ON-TOPIC POSTS ONLY? Right now I can count at least three threads on the front page that have absolutely nothing to do with guitars.

Every time I take a week or two off, I come back to HCEG and it's gotten worse. Maybe when you visit every day, you just don't notice the degradation of what used to be a really good forum through and through. Now you have to pick diamonds out of {censored}.

Ah, the occasional, SHORT, parody thread seems better than the umpteenth recycled thread about:

"What strings do you use".. or

"Poll: Strat or Tele"... or

"Why I hate Gibson (or Fender, or PRS, or Epiphone, or China, even...)" ... or

"best $200 guitar?"... or

"why hate/love shredders?"... or, bandwidth hogs like,

"Hey! Let's see every picture of every Les Paul in the entire world! :thu::wave: "
[... uh, unless I post a pic, then it's relevant. :lol:]

I agree about the negativity/hostility threads, though...there's enough negativity in the world without browsing through it during my free time.

• Members

I run barefoot or with a pair of Vibram Fivefingers on. Great for your feet and knees, keeps your running natural rather than using a shoe for a crutch. It'll build up your strength.

My last marathon was barefoot and it's way better than using silly shoes.

And I'm serious here, give it a try, it's great once you get used to it.

Archived