Strange Reverend obsession

scolfax

• Members

I buy guitars very infrequently, maybe every 3 years or so. I don't sell them, and in hindsight seem to have a goal of a balanced collection. All three of my guitars are Fender-scale, so this year I got it in my head to find a cheapish Les Paul copy. I bought both a new Agile and Epiphone in the past two months, but both were sent back because of twists in the neck.

On faith, I pulled the trigger on a Reverend RoundHouse HB-FM, but haven't seen one in person and won't receive it for another month. So I look at the Reverend page about once a day, just checking out all of the different models they have.

In the meantime, I've become totally obsessed with the bolt-on models, particularly the Gil Parris signature (whoever that is!). I would never get one because there would be too much overlap with my Fender and EB Silhouette, and I would never sell those. But isn't it bizarre that a mere *picture* of a guitar on a website could cause this strange attraction?

gil_parris_blk_lg.jpg

PS - I swear I'm not a shill!

• Members

I'm a Reverend fanatic, myself, but I can't hang with the Gil Pharris model. It's that lace sensor in the middle...just doesn't grab me visually. I'm sure it sounds great, though. All Reverends do.

That odd-looking extra pickup is one of the reasons I like it. The rest of the guitar looks so "designed", but that odd-duck in the middle is so utilitarian!

• Members
To wit:

gil_parris_mgld_lg.jpg

GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!
:D

I think we need to disconnect BHH from the internet for his own good for awhile, trying to bring him back to, ahem, reality! :lol: Although, I gotta admit, he has good taste in axes! :thu:

• Members

I hate to mention this, but I wouldn't be too surprised if Joe Hooked you up with that set-up if you called (even if it was at an extra charge).

I don't know Joe, but if you read the FAQ it sounds like they shy away from that kind of thing! I agree though, that the black body with maple neck would look great.

• Members
To wit:

gil_parris_mgld_lg.jpg

GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!
:D

I played that same guitar before I bought my roundhouse. It's def a player. BHH if you try one out, you'll own it. They are awesome.

• Members

Yeah, Doc, like you're helping :D

I tried the Club King RT that Joe Naylor used to own and recently sold on his site to my buddy Dale, and it's one fine guitar. So I have a feeling I would love the GP as well... but I still have a bunch of US Revs to buy before I get any imports.

BTW, how's your Roundhouse treatin' ya? :D

• Members
I played that same guitar before I bought my roundhouse. It's def a player. BHH if you try one out, you'll own it. They are awesome.

I'm glad you said "before" :) ...still waiting impatiently for my Roundhouse!

• Members

I'm glad you said "before"
:)
...still waiting impatiently for my Roundhouse!

Lucky me, one of only a handful of Rev dealers in CA is about 2 miles from my front porch. Although, on second thought....maybe not so good. Here's a link to the guy who owns the shop, Steve Kuykendall, he's on the Visual Sound website. Check out his clips, he's the real deal. And, I must say a great guy. I'm sure he'd be happy to sell and ship you anything you might need.

http://www.visualsound.net/stevek.html

• Members

I had a flatroc for a while. Definitely a very nice sounding and well made guitar, but I ended up selling it because it didn't sound significantly enough better than my mim strat. Now I have a G&L Commanche, and it is incredible - many orders of magnitude better than the mim strat, which I use as a benchmark.

• 10 months later...

Archived