Do you drive less in response to higher gas prices?

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

No more worries! As of a half hour ago...

House passes bill to sue OPEC over oil prices:poke:

Time to take note of whether your license plate ends in an even or odd number....

What a bunch of total and complete idiots. Of course, nothing matters to them because they make sure that they are well taken care of for the rest of their lives. Jerks.

• Members

What a bunch of total and complete idiots. Of course, nothing matters to them because they make sure that they are well taken care of for the rest of their lives. Jerks.

Maybe congress could reduce their pay grade by a little bit each and instead give that money back to us.

Wow, now there's an idea. Politicians who work to help the country, instead of looking at it as a permanent job...

• Members

It's the dollar going down that's killing us. That's not going to change.

We've spent more money that we can possibly ever make.

A lot of our banks are now owned by the government - which is beyond broke.

The U.S. is set up to run on oil. We essentially don't have a real public transportation system. The trucking industry is bust as of right about now. We're not going to manage on $8 a gallon gas, when people in my neighborhood already consider Big Macs a luxury.

The U.S. Economy equation no longer works.

I'm not driving less, but more economically. I'm getting 34 mpg out of a 28 mpg car; but that's not enough, particularly factoring in what's happening to my business. I'm literally thinking about growing food in my backyard; I'm not sure what's going to happen.

But, I'm safe from the tearrarists and evil doers! And the U.S. still makes the best... uhm... guitars? Pop stars? Something. I'm sure we still make *something*, somewhere.

/ no marketable skills for the apocalypse

// you'd think the government would be in emergency overdrive mode trying to get solar tech and electric cars happening for the citizens, but "oh well"

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

I can't believe that I filled up my tank this morning with regular at $4.46 per gallon at ARCO!

A Chevron station across the street was selling it for $4.60. Good thing I get over 30 mpg. I laugh at Hummers now!! :lol: Its all I can do to keep from rolling down my window and yelling "SAAAPPPP!!" at the top of my lungs, but then I remember I'm a sap for driving a car that runs on gas too. Haven't done any recreational driving in quite some time.

Steve

Archived