SDOTD - Gibson Content

FUBTAG

• Members

I got the Gibson SDOTD last week and received it Tuesday.

Looks like this

Case.jpg

Guitar2.jpg

body.jpg

Wtf is this?

Headstock-1.jpg[/img]

A sticker that say's 60's neck?!?!?!?! GHEY!

ok -- NEVER having owned or played an LP, I wasn't sure what to expect. TBH, I bought this to probably flip. I played it though... and kinda like it. It's light.. I mean REALLY light. I like the thin neck. The burstbuckers seem very articulate and that was even playing it through my little roland cube. It's funny because I found myself playing 'down low' ... kinda like Slash, I guess.

The jury is out at this point wether I will keep it or not... but indeed I got a good one. :thu:

• Members

Thanks guys...

How many of us here have found they became fond of one guitar or another after thinking for many years that wasn't the one for them?

This LP has me thinking that there is a definite need for it in my arsenal.

• Members

Thanks guys...

How many of us here have found they became fond of one guitar or another after thinking for many years that wasn't the one for them?

This LP has me thinking that there is a definite need for it in my arsenal.

The new redesign with chambering may appeal to you. If you would of fished out an old 10-11 pounder, it may have been no thanks. Plus it has a 60's neck which should appeal more to your typical fender player.

• Members

It's a sticker so you can pull it off, kinda like the stickers Fender sometimes puts on their pick-guards.

I doubt peeling it off will reduce the guitar's value. In fact, it might be better if you do, because the glue might eventually leave a permanent mark after a few years.

Think of it as a sales tag, and peel it off.

• Members

Congrats on a sweet purchase
:thu:
. Change the title to "Awesome Gibson NGD", or something similar, so all the Gibson bashers are aware of it
:cop:

I should... but then again... maybe I don't want them here.

Archived