Is consistently trolling a bannable offense?

Jkater

• Members

I don't know why they didn't implement blocking for quotes. Adding that feature in would have been trivial.

The PHP code already is tracking who is on your block list when the page is being rendered.

It knows when a quote div is being rendered.

It knows who the quote div is referencing.

Very strange.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Am I the only one who noticed this post in the middle of page 1 of this thread?

That was Jehovah's Witnesseriffic!

Yeah. When was the last time you saw Robert Plant bust some dance moves like the lead Osmond does from 2:00 until the end of the song?

But I never knew that Michael Palin played lead guitar for them.

• Members

threads about this forum seem to inevitably turn into a {censored} fight

You are right mistersully. This is the second time that I start such a thread with no intentions of stirring {censored} (the other one was about "pet peeves") and both had a few unpleasant twists. Lesson learned. I'll be careful in the future.

• Members

(the other one was about "pet peeves") and both had a few unpleasant twists. Lesson learned. I'll be careful in the future.

Really? All along I was thinking that a thread about banning trollers was the best troll ever :D. Go ahead - take credit for it!

• Members
Really? All along I was thinking that a thread about banning trollers was the best troll ever
:D
. Go ahead - take credit for it!

I will accept the blame for it being clumsy and maybe shortsighted but not of wanting to stir {censored} between members because I hate that when it happens. If I may express an opinion on my own thread, I am all for banning people who destroy the quality of our forum "environment". We do spend time here, it is a community of sort. The people here are real and we all deserve respect. One thing that annoys me are people who are weak in real life but come here and make themselves bigger than they really are and pretend to be "stand-up" guys.

This thread didn't yield any real answers to the question except for Frets' excellent response. I found interesting that the trolls seem to relish the negative attention they get. While many of us would be questionning ourselves if we were pointed out to our mistakes, they not only learn nothing from the criticism they get but it seems to reinforce their behavior and they live on. I think the question of members who are consistently destructive (not flipping out once in a while like we all do) should be addressed and the mods given some leaway (sp?) and discretion to serve very severe warnings or have them face consequences.

• Members

I will accept the blame for it being clumsy and maybe shortsighted but not of wanting to stir {censored} between members because I hate that when it happens. If I may express an opinion on my own thread, I am all for banning people who destroy the quality of our forum "environment". We do spend time here, it is a community of sort. The people here are real and we all deserve respect. One thing that annoys me are people who are weak in real life but come here and make themselves bigger than they really are and pretend to be "stand-up" guys.

This thread didn't yield any real answers to the question except for Frets' excellent response. I found interesting that the trolls seem to relish the negative attention they get. While many of us would be questionning ourselves if we were pointed out to our mistakes, they not only learn nothing from the criticism they get but it seems to reinforce their behavior and they live on. I think the question of members who are consistently destructive (not flipping out once in a while like we all do) should be addressed and the mods given some leaway (sp?) and discretion to serve very severe warnings or have them face consequences.

There's no blame to be accepted. It's a good topic for discussion, but something that's very hard or impossible to police. Personally, I'm more irritated by the people that insist on feeding the trolls than the trolls themselves, not to mention the people that refuse to use "SEARCH". BTW, are Agiles any good?????????????????

Archived