Sennheiser Drum Mic's

slummy

• Moderators

I've used the 604s and they're great. I guess it's a silly thing to say but... they don't sound like they look. I look at them and thing small. But they don't sound small. They sound big. I didn't experience any issues with them being mounted to the rim either. This was recording, not live. I'm sure they'd be fantastic live.

• Members

I have 3 of the predecessor, the 504s. Excellent tom mics, and good for other things as well - I did a gig with Ray Charles some years ago, and was surprised to find that he had started using them as his primary vocal mic! His road manager told me that they were buying up a bunch of them at the time.

• Members

recording. and live. i love them, they even take a full on stick hit and keep going.

havent tried the bass drum mic.

I have the bass drum mic from that 600 series (E602). It's got a very scooped sound, leaves me wishing I had a more neutral mic for kick so I could tailor the sound to my liking. I liked it better as a bass guitar mic, the frequency response was just right when I used it as such.

• Members

Another e602 owner here. I find it works really well in a live setting (with primarily rock bands). Plenty of lows.

Whenever I've used it in the studio I've always had to do quite some hi-passing/shelving as the mic has a bit too much low end in that setting. That's when I usually bring out the 421...

Archived