truss rod at heel.....same direction 2 adj.?

thebrownkey

• Members

this may seem silly but as far as i remember ive had guits with the rod adj at the headstock.

now i need to djust one at the heel - is the direction of operation the same?

im assuming it is but the rod feels stuck/tight and im trying to loosen it.

anyway, thnx for any help

• Members

Tried going the other way? I'll agree that it should turn the same way, but you could have something odd. If you've tried both directions and it still feels tight/stuck, I'd take it to a tech. Breaking that isn't something you want to have fixed..

• Members

thanks guys-

it was just sticky

it seems wierd but after 20 years of playing many guitars, this is the first with a heel rod adjustment, the first i can remember anyway.

its funny, the neck is straight as can be with no relief, the action is low and i have no buzzing at all. it just bugs me knowing there was no relief. so i had to put a tad in there. not sure why it mattered so much to me, like i mentioned it did not hurt playing at all

• Members

I still space out on which way to adjust a rod. I put my right fist in the palm of my left hand and then move the top of my fist to the right and then left. If you just have the fingers of the left hand follow the fist itll show you which way the neck is gonna move (cupped or bowed)....that makes sense, no?

• Members
this may seem silly but as far as i remember ive had guits with the rod adj at the headstock.

now i need to djust one at the heel - is the direction of operation the same?

anyway, thnx for any help

I don't know of any guitars that have reverse threads.

Archived