My new favorite axes!

BloodRose

• Members

I Call them the "Bruise Brothers" (black and blue, get it??) and they are my new addiction:

The Blue one:

BlueSalas6.jpg

BlueSalas3.jpg

BlueSalas1.jpg

Up close to see the quilt top:

BlueSalas2.jpg

My Black one:

OCT1.jpg

Salas2.jpg

For those of you not familiar: These are USA made Washburn Stevie Salas signature models. Mahogany body /neck. Schaller Floyd, 24.75' scale. (plays light and roars like a lester, plays like a shredder.) Duncan JB in the bridge and Cool Rails neck/middle.

These are pretty rare and only made from 96-97 or 98. Im totally into them and just wanted to share.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Not my business, but why essentially two identical (in terms of features, PUs, etc.) guitars?

I used to keep two identical Peavey KPPs around, so if I broke a string on stage, I could just grab the other one and keep going.

These days I always use my Steinberger clone as my back-up, because it takes up less space. :)

• Members

Thanks all!

Mustaine-Who,

Its very comfy.. Not thin like a Wizard, but not a chunky as a Schecter C1. It not too far from my LP studio but has a slightly wider and flatter fretboard.

Another interesting tidbit about these.. The back cover plates are metal for grounding purposes and durability. Id never seen that done before.

RaVenCAD,
Yeah the blue quilt is gorgeous.. Def an attention getter. I need to get better pics of the top.. I was going to buy another black one, til I saw the blue quilt.
Oh lookie... another pic...
Washburn_1997_MG130_USA_Front_890.jpg

Archived